What edit button? I can't find the edit button!

frisbee

I'm kinda new to Video Pad, I have tinkered with it.. finally decided to get serious about it..  I was told about a PDF the has information.... Great I can study up on VP..  I get to "User Interface - Clip/Sequence Preview, section/area 6(?)  "Title Editing (Title clip preview only)..  I read  "Click on the Edit button to show title clip settings popup window......   Cannot see or find the "edit" button.. I have loaded a short clip and have it up in "Clip Preview" no edit button.. dragged the clip into Sequence Window, nothing...  I update to the newest version of VP... still nothing... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thank you in advance

friz

Hi

You have a clip already on the timeline on Video Track 1...OK.....

Now add a Title.... (or Text)

• Load clip to VP
  • Drag/drop (or load) the clip to the timeline.
  • Click the Add Title tab on the toolbar.(or Add Text)
  •  As an example...Select Simple text Overlay This will open the Text Editor window with "Title text" displayed.
  • Set all the parameters and enter your text. (You will need to play a bit with this to see how they all work)
  • Close the text editor and your Title/Text will appear as a text image on the overlay track (Video Track 2) at the cursor position.

Editing the text....

• Left click (select) the Text image in the Image Clip Bin This will display the text image in the Clip Preview window. (See image below) Underneath this preview window you should see a small Text Editor box with some of your text visible....
  •  
  • ccc.jpg
  •  
  • Left Click this box to open the Text Editor full size.
  •  
  • dd.jpg
  •  
  • Re-edit the text. It will update on the timeline.

Nat

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I am trying to edit title   -   not the actual words,  but to include a carriage return and have text on two lines.     I can only see the "edit " icon which will only keep the text in one line.

Thank you for helping, much appeciated

Hi

OK...two lines of text is straightforward.....

• Place you clip which is to have the text on Video Track 1
  • Click the Add text tab on the toolbar.
  • Select Simple text Overlay. This open the editor with a basic  "Title Text"
  • Click the parameter boxes to place the text Top/Middle/Bottom and review position in the sequence preview screen. e.g. bottom... (Chosen here so it can be seen more easily)
  • aa.jpg
  •  
  • At this point the edit window remains open so..backswipe the default "Title Text" which will turn blue and type in your new text..e.g. "This is line 1"
  • bb.jpg
  • The display will update.
  • If you want a second line of text at this point then press carriage return (Enter) and then type in your next line of text  e.g. "This is line 2" ......
  • ccc.jpg

As before you will note that the display updates with each entry and the text image is placed onto the overlay track at the red cursor line position. You can carry on editing or adding text, untill you close the Text Editor by pressing the X at the top right.

Re-Editing your text....

In the previous version(s) of VP you could right click the text image on the timeline OR the text image in the clip bin to re-open the editor. It seem these options are not now working in the latest version of VP. (8.45)

To re-open the editor ..

• Left click the text image either on the timeline or in the clip bin  to select it. It now appears in the Clip Preview window.
  • Right click the Clip Preview window and select Edit Text from the menu that appears...
  • dd.jpg

This re-opens the Edit Text window.

Re-edit the text or add new line or click between words in the existing text and then Enter to place sections on a second or subsequent line. (The justification rules as set in the parameters will apply to any new line created.

Nat

Well, well.    Yes I can now do this re-edit (as you call it).    Previously I could only see an "edit" icon just under the previews and it only allowed one-line changes.     I am so grateful to you all for helping this old guy,   I must say it takes a lot of learning though.   This is the second time I have asked for help and only used the program for a couple of weeks.  Thank you and sorry to keep bothering you.

Nat said:  In the previous version(s) of VP you could right click the text image on the timeline OR the text image in the clip bin to re-open the editor. It seems these options are not now working in the latest version of VP. (8.45)

In the v8.45 incarnation here, a double-click on the timeline clip brings up the editor.  (There can be UI differences, even with the same release #.)

A right-click lists the EDIT TEXT choice.  After the source is selected in the bin, a right-click in the preview windows does the same.

Hi Borate

Yup! A double click works as well!  BUT..... I've just realized.....I use dual previews since I started with this version as I have been doing some multi screen stuff and  (of course :rolleyes:) there isn't sufficient room to show the edit text box under the preview screen unless I pull the clip preview out to the right more!  It's always something simple!!)

@DCS

If you can see the text edit box under the clip preview screen just click it to open it and add more lines to the text like I explained

Nat

• borate changed the title to What edit button? I can't find the edit button!