Text Colours

swiss2008

Good afternoon, 

I've just upgraded to the new version of videopad and am finding the new text colour system really tricky, is there a tutorial somewhere I could consult?  With my old version of videopad, I swear it was far easier, now I just seem to get dirty muddy looking colours...

Thank you,

Hi

Text Colour.....

• Put a clip on Video Track 1
  • Slide Red cursor line to position where the text is to appear
  • Click the Add text tab
  • Select Simple text Overlay. This opens the Text Editor....... This will show a default text (usually "Title Text" ) at the top of the text entry area......
  • aa.jpg
  • Above this to the right are controls for: Left/Central/Right justification and Top/Middle/Bottom position for the text and a selection box for Scrolling the text in various directions.
  • Above left are the controls for Font/Style/Size and Colour. of the text and underneath this is a tick box to add a Shadow to the text along with the Colour of the shadow,  THE TEXT MUST FIRST BE SELECTED BEFORE THESE CHOICES BECOME ACTIVE.
  • The central section has a Tick box to Outline the text; a slider to set the Outline thickness and a box to set the Colour of the outline, Again THE TEXT IN QUESTION HAS TO BE SELECTED BEFORE THESE CONTROLS ARE IMPLEMENTED.
  • Below the outline control is a selection box for setting the Editor background colour ; the Text background colour and the background colour of the Text image itself and also thre %Opacity of the background.
  • These are the basic controls.

Changing the Text colour or other Object clolour (backgrounds/Outline/Shadow etc.

• Select the text that you wish to colour (or click the repective colour box)
  • Click the selected  Colour box This wil open the Edit Colours  screen.......
  • bb.jpg
  • This shows a Hue Table in which there is a small white circle. To the right of the Hue Table is a vertical band of hues with a white moveable arrow. This can be moved up/down to select a different Hue table. The image above shows this arrow is in the Yellow region and the Hue Table therefore shows Yellow hues going from Black to Yellow...Black to White and White to Yellow.  i.e. Yellow with varying amounts of Black and white.  Sliding the arrow up and down will change the Hue table to that of the selected colour... e.g. Blue...
  • ccc.jpg
  • Below the Hue table are sliders that alter the degrees of Colour Saturation for the Hue chosen; the degree of Paleness/Darkness of the hue;  and the balance of each of the the three primary colours of the hue selected. Play with these to see the effect produced.
  • Right of this is a square showing the Current Hue of the text (in this case Black) and the New Hue as selected from the table allowing the user to compare the two.
  • Right of this is a Pipette.(a Colour Picker)  This can be used to pick a colour from the Hue table, or select a colour from the Hue band/ the Swatch area at the bottom or even choose a colour present in the Clip preview window.  OR IN FACT ANYWHERE ON THE SCREEN.
  • The small white circle can be moved around the Hue table to select a colour within the hue range chosen
  • Click OK to finally fix your chosen colour - the colour labelled New (which updates as you work)
  • The selected object in the Text Editor now will be coloured with that selection and a Swatch box at the bottom of the window will be filled with the selected colour allowing the user to pick that colour again with the pipette,  obviating the need to generate the shade again.
  • NOTE: All the colour boxes in the Text Edit screen work the same way and will allow you to Change the Colour of the text; the Text outline; the Editor background; the Text Shadow; the Full Background and the Text background

The system can generate millions of colours so the choice is yours. Experiment.

In short.....Highlight the text to colour or click one of the colour boxes.....Use the above guide to get a colour.........Pick a colour with the pipette or the white circle ......Click OK

Nat