N_C_H_josh

Express Invoice now runs on Catalina

I have downloaded and installed new version but it doesn't seem to know I am a preexisting user. Or perhaps it doesn't know where my data is. How can I get it to suck in all my previous stuff? Thx

Your files should be in /Users/$USER/Library/Application Support/ExpressInvoice/Shared where $USER is the username that you log in under.  I think I may have given the wrong location in a recent post. Sorry.

3 hours ago, N_C_H_josh said:

Your files should be in /Users/$USER/Library/Application Support/ExpressInvoice/Shared where $USER is the username that you log in under.  I think I may have given the wrong location in a recent post. Sorry.

Yes fine on the data location. But HOW DO I GET THE NEW VERSION OF THE PROGRAM TO SUCK IN THIS DATA? It's acting like I'm a new user. In fact I'm an old and very frustrated user. Is there no way to point the software to this location? 

You shouldn't have to do anything. There's no way to explicitly point Express Invoice to your data. 

If you open the finder and watch the contents of  /Users/$USER/Library/Application Support/ExpressInvoice/Shared/Invoices while you create a new invoice in Express Invoice, you should see the .dat file for that invoice appear.

Please open a support ticket at  https://www.nch.com.au/support/index.html if you continue to have trouble.

I'm in the same boat as Mammonist. I upgraded, installed new version, it acts like I'm a new user. -> Library/Application Support/ExpressInvoice/Shared ... does not exist. No Import, nothin'. Note- when I installed the new version, it deleted the old one (ver 5.05)

11 hours ago, Gnarly said:

I'm in the same boat as Mammonist. I upgraded, installed new version, it acts like I'm a new user. -> Library/Application Support/ExpressInvoice/Shared ... does not exist. No Import, nothin'. Note- when I installed the new version, it deleted the old one (ver 5.05)

Same for me as I posted above. And received no reply. 

@N_C_H_joshfollowed your string to the location but the folder simply does not exist.

This is the reply I received from purchasing on Feb 2019:

Hello,

Our licensing allows 6 months of free upgrades which your key has just fallen behind on. Apple has decided to only allow 64-bit applications for their newest software, so please keep in mind this was a decision by Apple and not by us.

If you'd like I can provide you an invoice for an upgrade cost with an exorbitant discount, as I understand the frustration. If you'd like to proceed forward let me know, thank you.
Regards,

Will
NCH Sales

These morons at NCH want us to pay them for fixing their mistake. I say we find another solution. Why give a company like this more money. It's ridiculous. 

For those of us who have been using this product for a looooooong time (shout out my fellow 2012 users!), take note that the old folder path is different than the new one.

Old: 
Library/Application Support/NCH Software/ExpressInvoice/Shared

New: 
Library/Application Support/ExpressInvoice/Shared

I copied my Shared folder from the old path to the new path, and I'm good to go in the 64-bit version.  Hopefully this helps the rest of y'all!