takis

There will probably be others with the same issue...

Unfortunately I find it hard for my eyes to work with the latest version's dark-background editor.

I searched for a solution to revert back to the old fashioned white environment, but cannot find anything. There is no selection in "options" or elsewhere.

Is there any way to change the editor's background and how?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your answer. I already own an earlier version (4.40).

I was happy with that one,  but was dealing with annoying bugs, i.e.  the automatic gap closing which does NOT belong to professional editing...

Also some bugs of unexpected multiple selection of tracks, etc.

I decided to try the newest version, and was super-happy to see that these issues have been resolved! However, I noticed this annoying dark background with a hostile to my eyes green-blue wave.

There are also white vertical lines on the track, which I don't know what they are and what is their use -if any ( I 'll try to attach a screen-shot). https://ibb.co/m8QKVYy

I also did a recording test and there is a noticeable time-delay between sound and video, in 720p which did not exist in the earlier version. My computer is very fast (8-core, 16GB memory, SSD disk, etc) , so there is no issue there.

Maybe I do something wrong, but cannot figure out what..

Yes, vertical lines in the audio track on some clips.  No explanation seen for that.

To avoid a 'snap' when moving a clip, hold down the <alt> key.

Not aware of a sync problem in v7.39, unless it is with certain VOB clips, which is an issue being worked on.  That may be overcome by first converting them to Mp4.

If you share your project, someone will have a look...

Here's how...  http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

If it contains sensitive material you can link it in a personal message (PM) to me, via the envelope above.  Be sure to FILE|SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS, not simply SAVE PROJECT, and don't forget to share it.

Thanks once more!

I have been trying things for the last 2-3 hours and managed to solve the sync problem. It was happening when recording from my camera (Logitech 920 pro) using VP's record button. But only at  H264 format. I changed to same resolution (720p) but MJPG format, and now video and audio are recorded synced without any lag.

The vertical lines are very annoying though. They do not appear to all audio clips, but I can not find any clue why they appear to some and not to others. This never happened to me at any previous version up to 4.40, and I have been using VP for many years. A solution would be greatly appreciated.

Concerning the automatic closure of gaps,  it didn't exist at the very early versions, but was implemented at some time to fulfill some people's request. It proved to be a big burden to me,  but started using the ALT button to fix clips at position. VERY annoying though, since I would like to have full control of my timing during edit.  Sometimes you need to put an audio or video clip aside to use later, and it keeps coming to the left every time I move clips in between. I never understood who would ever want that, sice VP is a professional tool and not a toy for selfies..

For a brief time, in a 6.x version there was an anti-snap toggle button.  The lines are apparently an as yet unexplained change.  There's nothing wrong with your installation...

Make your feelings known about these issues by clicking the chevron at the top-right of the VP window and submitting a bug or suggestion.