Exporting Movie Files

filmscoringmike

I am currently working with VideoPad version 7.33, on Mac OS 10.11.6. Within the last month (I'm guessing there was a significant new version update somewhere in there), any movie I export from VideoPad (I've tried exporting at MOV, AVI, and MP4, all with the same results), I get the following error message when I try to open the file: "Quicktime player can't open [file name]; To see if additional software is available that will enable QuickTime Player to open the movie, click Tell Me More." If I try to open it in another video player (I have both Elmedia and iFunia media players), it also will not open/play. Videos I had exported prior to this most recent update still open and play fine, but any video I've exported since the update won't play.

Has anyone else run into this glitch, and know of a work-around?

Weirdness.  Do this...

Upload a new project that doesn't export.  Someone will check it out to see if the project itself is the unlikely problem.

Sharing isn't difficult, and it can be done privately. 

Here's how...  http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

If it contains sensitive material you can link it in a personal message (PM) to me, via the envelope above.  Be sure to FILE|SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS, not simply SAVE PROJECT, and don't forget to share it.

Here's a test file: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jaj8za7hq1bw7ij/AAD5FS6rr5epdutI7QkdAw5ha?dl=0

And it's not file-specific - as in it's every project I've tried to export in the last month. Also, if I try to export a new video of an older project which previously exported correctly, the new video won't open (but the original still will).

Sorry, I just realized I initially mis-spoke - MP4 is the one version that does work, but I prefer to export at the higher quality level for most of my projects. The reason I've avoided going the nuclear route (reinstalling from scratch) thus far is that I've misplaced my registration code from when I purchased the full version, and NCH doesn't seem to be particularly user-friendly as far as retrieving that information easily (if there is an easy way to find it, please let me know, because I sure have looked!) so don't want to get into the position where I have to re-purchase it unless absolutely necessary and 100% certain that will fix the problem.