jelnet

Audio from DAW (Cubase) Not Recorded

Hi forum

I am recording a screen cast of Cubase audio workstation and the audio from my mic is being recorded (though only on the left channel, not sure why), but the audio from Cubase is not.

I have tried all settings in the Audio Options including setting Speakers to MMDevice and Filter Driver to no avail. I have also tried to start Debut BEFORE Cubase and run Debut as Administrator, makes no difference.

Any help appreciated.

Hello jelnet, it could be that Cubase is not using the computer's audio driver that Debut tries to record from. You may want to check if from Cubase there is an option to direct the audio output to Debut. Also, if you are using headphones or external speakers connected to the computer, you may want to disconnect them, restart Debut and then reconnect the headphones or speakers and test again. 

Hi Chris, thanks for your suggestion, nothing seems to have worked so I think I will try manually routing the signal into a hardware mixer along with the mic and running that back into the mic inputs (which Debut is happy to record from. Thanks again.