How to create a proper mp4 file with new VideoPad?

MarcDL

I just finished a project 16:9 and i want to create an mp4 file of my work. The whole day I've been working and searching how to do. Since i've an update of MoviePad things are different. I've v7.30 latest update. When i want to create an mp4 file i don't succeed anymore. To create a file of the project there's now Letterbox, Crop & Zoom, & Strech in Export. Things have changed. Before it was not and i had no difficulties to make an mp4 file. This project I made in size 16:9 but there are some pictures and old movies  size 4:3. How can i make a proper mp4 file of my project? With those 3 objects i don't succeed. When i use Letterbox there's no movie at all, when i use Crop & Zoom left & right side will be cut and in Strech all the pictures get wide. What do i need to do?

marc

I use MacOs Mojave 10.14.6

Try applying the letterbox aspect ratio effect to the 4:3 clips prior to export.  If that fails...

THE best way to sort this out is to share your project, so others can analyze it.  The process isn't difficult. 

Here's how...  http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

If it contains sensitive material you can link it in a personal message (PM) to me, via the envelope above.  Be sure to FILE|SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS, not simply SAVE PROJECT, and don't forget to share it.

It's best if we can see the entire project, but if it's lengthy, save it and then split out and delete portions that look good upon export, leaving the 4:3 clips and a few 16:9 that do not.  Export those.

Exported the project using default settings in the Windows version.  There are various aspect ratios, but all appear to be correctly proportioned and look fine.

Video ends at 20:45, followed by a blue blank frame, then no video file...so that displays black while music trails.

The latest VP Mac version is reportedly 7.33.  Test that.  If results are not correct, file a bug report with specifics. Click the chevron at the top-right of the VP window.