Pay and pay again

Stephen112

I bought the license for the Videopad.

Now a new version is available and poses as an update, be careful, the update will not register unless you pay again.

Apart from this underhand trick I noticed that if you are not connected to the internet the save video function does not work, so it is not a stand alone program.

This is the American hard sell pirates at full sail.

• 3 weeks later...

obwohl ich für eine lebenslange Lizenz bezahlt habe, ohne daß ich vom Verkäufer darauf hingewiesen worden bin, daß jedes upgrade wieder Geld kosten wird, verblaßte plötzlich meine Anwendung und stürzte ab... großzügig wurde mir eine Aktualisierung von NCH angeboten, die ich auch nutzte. Aber dann wollte man wieder Geld. Das ist eben Kapitalismus.

Jörg

I try to translate Jörg:  "even though I paid for a lifetime license, without being told by the seller that every upgrade would cost me money again, my application suddenly faded and crashed ... I was generously offered an update from NCH, which I also used , But then you wanted money again. That's just capitalism.Jörg"

… and I agree. Bought the program, expensive and now have to pay $ 49 for an upgrade. It is very rogue and I have not encountered any of these in other programs that I work in.

I have to add: my audio program "studio one" thinks better. There it can cost with extra accessories or special instruments, but they are more serious and do not pay for upgrades that many times are needed for the program to work well and keep up with the development.I really think I should write to Videopad and complain again ... Or what do you say about this?