Zooming Out Across Multiple Clips

Theatricals

So I am animating a small scene with about 8 frames, and I need the camera to focus in on the 1st shot before zooming out completely when it gets to the 8th shot. However, it seems that the effect is only applying itself to the one shot and not across all of them (I tried grouping them, doesn't work).

I'm still pretty new to the program so I can use some help.

(Just as a note--I am not trying to apply the same effect to each shot, I am trying to make that effect work across all of the shots. As in, it is zoomed in on 1st shot and by the 8th shot it is zoomed out all of the way.)

Select (highlight) the eight clips and press <ctrl-C>, to copy. 

Click the + sign to the right of the sequence 1 tab, just above the left side of the timeline.  A blank sequence is shown.

In the new sequence press <ctrl-V> to paste.

Export that sequence.

Alternatively in sequence 1, place the scrubber (red line) at the start of the clips.  The pointer will become two-headed.  Right-click and drag right, to select all eight. They will be highlighted.

Right-click in the selected area and EXPORT SELECTED REGION.

Then import the clip that results back into your main sequence and animate a ZOOM effect, or try PAN AND ZOOM.

http://help.nchsoftware.com/help/en/videopad/win/effects_animating.html

Hi

Effects only act on the clip selected. (Note that each clip on the timeline has an FX box)  You can select and link multiple clips using the method Borate suggests and apply the same effect to them all,  but it will be the SAME effect on each clip. Something like Crop will work in this way....but it's not much use if you want an effect like zoom to progress from Clip 1 to Clip 8. To acheive this you must "join"  the clips together to form a single unique clip and then apply the zoom.  One way would be to simply export your 8 clips and then reload them back as a single clip. However VP can do this transformation by creating a Sequence of your 8 clips.

• With just your 8 clips on the timeline Click the + sign that follows the text  Sequence 1 x  +  on the left below the Clip bin, indicated here....

aa.jpg

• This will clear the  timeline
  • Open the Sequence clip bin and you will find a clip there labelled Sequence 1. There will also be a Sequence 2 but this is a dummy clip usually shown by a clapper board icon.
  • Drag and drop Sequence 1 to the empty timeline. It will be a single clip of all the 8 clips but with one FX box ...

bb.jpg

• Now click the FX and apply your zoom out effect. (Set the AR restraint to 16:9 if required.)
  • The sequence will zoom out like the single clip that it now is.

ccc.jpg

Hope this helps

Nat

Nice method described by Nat, that doesn't require export.  Yet another adaptation that would be useful if the to-be-zoomed clips are already 'buried' in the project.

1.  Select the eight and press <ctrl-C>, to copy them.
2.  Click the + to the right of the sequence 1 tab, to open a new blank sequence.
3.  Press <ctrl-V> to paste.
4.  Click the sequence 1 tab to again display the main sequence.
5.  Select the eight clips and hold down <alt> while pressing the DEL key.
     This will delete the eight and leave a gap in the sequence.
6.   In the bin (top-left) click the SEQUENCE tab.
7.  Drag sequence 2 into the gap.  This is now a single clip.  Apply the zoom to that clip.

Many methods in this flexible editor.  Choose the one that best suits your style.