exporting cropped video issues

RSL

I have made a video but I had to crop the footage to size it correctly on the screen as it was filmed in portrait.  I used the 16.9 ratio  which worked well  but I need to export in 1080x1920 widescreen size.  When I export the  video looks like a thumbnail on the screen but the text I used is full screen albeit you cannot see the outer edges of each sentence. any ideas on how to get the cropped video up to full screen size.  I have tried exporting in different screen ratios but to no avail

What Videopad version is being used? 

Before the clips are placed on the timeline right-click in the preview window and change the Aspect Ratio to match the source clips - 9x16.

Then create text that fits within the image area.  At export the text should then stay within that boundary, whatever the export resolution.

If this does not succeed, please share your project and someone will check it out.  It's not difficult,

Here's how...  http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

If it contains sensitive material you can link it in a personal message (PM) to me, via the envelope above.  Be sure to FILE|SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS, not simply SAVE PROJECT, and don't forget to share it.

Hi

You have posted just the finished video.  In order to better understand what you have done and how to get around your problem you need to send all the component files as well as a VPJ file.

You can do this  by loading your project to VP and then selecting .. The option Save Portable Project As....

aa.jpg

Select a folder to save to and all the necessary files will be saved to a dated folder within this. It is these files you need to post to your dropbox or 1drive etc. account.  Someone will then be able to reconstruct your project and see what problem there is.

However I can see where you MAY have gone wrong...

I assume you have cropped your portrait  clip to show the central area with a AR restraint of 16:9. Don't do that.. you end up with with this....... which is similar to your example.

ee.jpg

Try this instead.....

• Place the clip on the timeline
  • Click the FX and select the Zoom effect.
  • Set the AR restraint to 16:9
  • Adjust/Position the rectangle to outline the area of interest in the clip.

The image will now fill the 16:9 VP preview screen.....as shown here......

bb.jpg

I assume this is what you were after?  If so, you can now add your scrolling text...

ccc.jpg

Export the result a1920  x 1080 -1080P HD (You could also choose Custom and set the V/H parameters required)

This is the result of the above test exported in this way and viewed in VLC.......

dd.jpg

Nat