Image overlay

italiangen

Hi.  Thanks for taking my question.  The beginning of a presentation recording is displaying the wrong slide for some 12 seconds.  I have a .png image that I want to overlay until the next slide appears.  I'm just not sure of the steps involved.  Here is what I think;

The .png is in the bin   I identified the end point as far as timing is concerned and added a split.  The video is on the timeline.  I'm unsure if I should be in Clip Preview or Sequence Preview so that I can create a mask for the first 12 seconds.  I'm unsure how to get the png into that mask for those 12 seconds.  Is it an overlay? At sequence or????

Thanks for your help on this.

Peter D

It seems that you want a picture within a picture.  If that's the case, place the png on the overlay (higher) track, at the position that you want it to be seen.

Click the chevron to the right of View button and choose Clip and Background so you can see them both.   image.png

Click the fx icon in the png clip.  Click the large green + sign in the toolbar.

Use the position, crop. scale,, etc. effects until the png looks right.  The lower track background will show through wherever the png doesn't block it.