Why is the program SO SLOW?

louwin

I am running your program to extract the audio from a YouTube video of Rain Sounds....

Why is your program SSSOOOOO SSSLLLOOOWWW?

I don't believe any program could be SO SLOW (unless you are purposefully running delay loops in it????) in "free" mode????

Also, the original file, Video and audio was 459Mb and the converted file, just audio, was 824Mb????

Judging by the other awkward questions asked on this forum being unanswered, I suspect this one won't get answered

either....   :(   I suspect the program isn't very well written, hence it is so slow. Also examining the output of other conversions I

imagine the size of the output depends on the length of the audio file. Right? No compression or optimization?

Anyway, I've tested the program and found it l unimpressive   :(

Thanks for the test but I reckon I'll pass on the use of it....

Switch is an audio file format conversion program. And it performs very well for its intended purpose, which is not 'extraction'. (?) 

Your post, while certainly difficult to comprehend, makes one wonder what you are trying to do, and what you are crying about. 

FYI I downloaded a YouTube of rain sounds. I want to play it through the night on an audio player and don't need the video so I want to "extract" the audio as an mp3 and discard the MP4 video. How hard is that!?

Read sounds and copy to output. If video component - discard. I would have expected this to run as fast as it could read the mp4 file? Okay, allow a bit of conversion if the audio isn't mp3?

So should run in minutes not hours!!!! I thought, because I haven't paid for the program as I probably never use it again, the program runs in SLOW mode????

Anyway, it's all moot as it is done, thanks for that....