Text going longer than duration

noodleweed

Assuming that the final text clip is on a higher track than the main video (an overlay), have you dragged its right border to the left to match up with the end of the lower-track clip?

Let's take a look at the project, so folks can analyze what might be the cause of the issue...

Here's how...  http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

If it contains sensitive material you can link it in a personal message (PM) to me, via the envelope above.  Be sure to FILE|SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS, not simply SAVE PROJECT, and don't forget to share it.

Since my current project is over 25 minutes long, and way too complex with it, I've filmed a project with an OBS recording in showing the issue happening, as well as putting a text box in that project. This issue seems to persist across all my projects: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1fazecQ-QaVIBe77j6np60Rm8RNfDtxib. The same thing is happening with video overlays, except that the last frame is going on for ever instead of the text.

If you need me to send the project, I can do that as well.

Took a look in v7.32 and was unable to duplicate your issue.  Every overlay, whether text or video, followed the timeline during play and export.

Spotted two incorrect overlays, at about 5:56 and 17:03, where the desired video was overridden by a higher track.

Back up the project.  Then go to Control Panel|Programs and Features and right-click the Videopad item.  Uninstall, including data files.  Then install the current release version.

Report results here.