Six Month Upgrade Limitation

gdog

I'm very unhappy that licensed users upgrades are limited for only up to six months.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest. I can't find this disclaimer anywhere on the purchase page, update page, FAQ page, nor product page. I really think it is a deceptive limitation and unfair for people like myself who bought a lifetime master's license expecting to use an up to date for the lifetime of my usage. Why are you screwing over your customers?

The policy is stated here.   https://www.nchsoftware.com/videopad/versions.html

If you delve into competing products you will discover that this marketing approach is not exclusive to VP.

One prosumer editor that comes to mind charges a substantial fee for yearly updates.  The subscription model is becoming more popular - at least with firms if not their clients.  VP offers it as well, so that would keep you current.  With some programs it is now the only payment option.

Please be aware if you purchased more than 6 months ago you may need to purchase an upgrade to use the current version. For upgrade pricing go to https://www.nch.com.au/upgrade/index.html with your old registration ID number and Key.

This is a ambiguous disclaimer that doesn't clarify that after 6 months you WILL need to purchase in order to upgrade. It should be noted on the purchase page, not download page. Subscription models are fine, but a lifetime purchase shouldn't have to keep purchasing just to upgrade. I would be more okay with the upgrade model if Videopad wasn't so buggy. But it's awful that there are so many bugs and quirks to Videopad it's like purchasing a beta release.