Zoom Effect

MarcusK

Hey VideoPad Team,

Just bought your software today (v 7.32). In the process of putting together a project, however when applying the Pan and Zoom, and the Zoom effects in photos the picture seems to change to black once applied. I haven't noticed if any other effects do the same thing. In does this regardless if the picture is in the timeline or the imported files. This effect is probably one I'll use the most, and its frustrating it doesn't let me apply it. I've tried all sorts of things ... making sure the files aren't read only, moving them from a HDD to the computer, deleting and readding. 

I've uploaded a few things to OneDrive .... screenshots, a DirectX report, as well as the Portable Project files-- https://1drv.ms/f/s!AroBt_rzghGeiVZyPS9E6O5IoZ_g

Hope this makes sense.

Cheers,
Marcus.

Applied a number of pan/zoom and zoom effects to your project and didn't encounter problems.

Perhaps a bad install.  Delete the "C:\Users\<your name>\AppData\Roaming\NCH Software\Components" folder and reinstall.

Or try v7.33 beta, which is a test and is subject to change.  Report results here.

Hey there Borate,

Thanks for looking into. Tried the delete components/uninstall/reinstall method and that didn't work. Project still was doing the same thing. So tried installing the 7.33 version, and it's better. Works most of the time. There are a couple photos that will error and go black when adding an effect, which sometimes can be from anything especially also auto-levels.

Cheers.

If adding multiple effects to a single clip, try reversing the order in which they are applied.  Someone will analyze the project, or a segment that has blacked out on the sequence.

Here's how to share it...  http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

If it contains sensitive material you can link it in a personal message (PM) to me, via the envelope above.  Be sure to FILE|SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS, not simply SAVE PROJECT, and don't forget to share it.