Autoduck feature

UrbanEyez

Hi everyone, I'm really struggling getting the autoduck feature working correctly. If I set autoduck to an audio channel, it visibly creates dipped volume in all audio channels, rather than ducking the audio of one channel to let another channel cut through. Am I doing it correctly by just setting autoduck to the channel I want to duck? Do I need set set a 'master' channel? Thanks in advance.

This hints that you are using an old VP version where ducking was listed but not truly functional.  It's not a feature in the latest, but would be welcomed.

In the interim, look into VST plugins - perhaps for Wavepad, or use Audacity freeware.  The result can then be imported into Videopad.

Request ducking by clicking on the chevron at the top-right of the VP window and making a suggestion.

Another approach within VP is to split out the audio track areas where audio should be lowered.

Then double-click each of those split-out audio clips.  The audio waveform appears in the preview window with that clip highlighted.

'Grab' the line and pull it down to the level desired for each clip.

Or split out audio track areas where gain is to be reduced, then select all those clips.

Click fx on one of them and choose AMPLIFY.  Set gain to - say 85% - and click the fourth button from the left in the toolbar, "Replace effects chain.."

That should apply the reduced gain to all selected audio clips.

In fact auto-duck feature still in developing. It's coming soon in the next one or two release.

We accidentally released UI sometime ago. Sorry for the confusion.

It's good to see people do want to use this feature though.

When it's available, users should be able to change the clip(from right click menu) to background sound. Background sound clips will automatically duck for other clips when they overlapping.