Adding transitions to multiple clips V7.30...Whats wrong?

Nationalsolo

Hi

Checking things out with a freshly downloaded and installed VP 7.30. I have 100 short clips on the timeline (30 mins in total) They are all loaded and using Ctrl+A all are selected. The task is to add a crossfade transition to each clip. This has normally been a simple task.

This process does not now seem to be working.

Click the X and select Xfade just works on a single clip..There is no message asking if all selected clips are to have a xfade (as used to happen)

Go via the Transition tab on the toolbar.....same result.  No message regarding all the selected clips.

Go via the FX box and try the Crossfade in the Fades section......same result. Only that particular clip is crossfaded.

What has changed? I get the same result if I group all 100 clips as well.

In my last install (Beta version of 7.30) this process worked correctly. 

Ideas anyone?

Nat

Hi B

Oh!  Yes..Yes..Yes.......Doh!!!!     Simple things for simple minds...I did know but that bit brain died before I could move the data!!

Thanks!!

EDIT

Just looked at the reason why I didn't notice this prompt (as I had seen it before -and used it <_<)  I came to this conclusion....

1. I had selected all the clips on the timeline in the normal way.
  2. I had clicked the transition X which brought up the Transition list window.
  3. Knowing that I wanted to add a crossfade between the clips I had instinctively clicked that option quickly without noticing the  box below the list since it it is not very noticeable. 
  4. The choice window of an Overlap/Still image transition  immediately comes up  which replaces the transition list so you have missed it totally by then as there is no Return option ... and lastly.......
  5. I expected to see the All Selected Clips option window to appear as I had selected multiple clips.

I actually passed through the transition list window at least 7-8 times without noticing that box!  A clear case of being familiar with doing something in a particular way and not seeing when a change has been made.. A bit like finding a  large clear signpost has been removed and the direction written in small letters on the road!

Nat