Audio Only Playing Back On Left Side?

KenTheriot

I'm testing out WavePad and recorded just a little of my voice in mono. But I can only hear it in the left speaker/headphone. Is it recording in stereo and just showing a single wave form somehow? If so, how do I convert to mono? If this isn't what is happening (headphones and speakers work fine so it isn't that), what might be causing this? Thanks.

Okay I figured it out :-P. It defaulted to recording in stereo, but wasn't showing a left and right waveform - just a single one, which is odd. But under "Options" in the Home tab, under Channels, I saw that 2 (Stereo) was selected. I changed it to 1(mono) and that did the trick for the next recording.

Hopefully this will help someone else.

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/22/2019 at 11:28 PM, KenTheriot said:

Okay I figured it out :-P. It defaulted to recording in stereo, but wasn't showing a left and right waveform - just a single one, which is odd. But under "Options" in the Home tab, under Channels, I saw that 2 (Stereo) was selected. I changed it to 1(mono) and that did the trick for the next recording.

Hopefully this will help someone else.

I'm struggling with this too. But I don't seem to have the same buttons as you. Home Tab - To the right there's an Option-Button. But I have no Channels. All I have is an Audio tab but it's just for determining the output device. Where did I go wrong here? Cus your solution seems so easy.

I've been suggested to copy every audio file in a new file, then open it in Wave pad and change from stereo to mono (Absurd... Then the free Wave Pad-version only works for a bit. Then you have to pay for Wave Pad too. I have the payed Video Pad Master Edition but it seems Wave Pad isn't included.  

• 2 weeks later...

re: mixpad

As so many….(!!) and after a W10 update, I'm no longer able to record in stereo. When this is selected in "options" I only got a single waveform. Changing it to 'mono', results in a 'full' waveform, but at a lower inputvolume ! I allready removed and reinstalled the latest driver several times, but control panel only shows 'focusrite USB Audio', no longer the ASIO driver, which - in my opinion causes the issue ? I don't find a way to properly the ASIO driver again !! Anyone can help ? Thanks in advance.

Camiel

• 2 months later...