HUGE ISSUE: Showing random clips instead of my sequence

Gmork

I was working on a video (for hours) when suddenly for no apparent reason it was just playing clips at random, sometimes throwing a blank black clip in etc instead of following my meticulously edited sequence. 

I had been saving up to that point so i figured no problem ill just shut it down and re-open the program. 

Nope still doing it. All my hard work gone. Not the first time its happened either. 

I cant believe i paid for this.

Do not panic!  If you saved a good project file, you're protected. (Always save AS regularly, with a unique # or name so as not to overwrite the earlier saves.)  Look under FILE menu|RECENT PROJECTS.

When did you pay?  What version are you using?  Upgrades are free for up to six months. If you'd like to test it, here is the latest.

Significant improvements in the latest versions unavoidably caused some backward incompatibilities.  That's unusual, and most folks won't run across them.  Still, it's wise to export with the version that created the project.

Some things to try.  Open VP without a project being loaded.  Click the OPTIONS icon, then the DISK tab and Clear Unused Cache Files.  Then reload your project.

Uninstall VP via Control Panel|Programs and Features, then reinstall it.  If you didn't save it elsewhere, the installer file that you purchased should be in "C:\Program Files (x86)\NCH Software\VideoPad"

If no joy, please share your FILE menu|SAVE AS PORTABLE PROJECT here or in a personal message to me.  Click the MAIL icon at the top of this forum.  Instructions on sharing are here.