AAC/M4A opening on iPad

Milo002

I have only gotten the free (demo) download on iPad, I am trying to see if the application will work for our needs.  We currently use a Mac and use another product to do some simple editing on an AAC/M4A file we get from our streaming setup.  

I got the iPad version (have not purchased the 9.99 all current features yet).  I try to open a AAC/M4A file and I get a message that says 

Unsupported File Format, file format not supported on IOS, sign up for a subscription via swiftconverter, should you like to start a subscription.

I could not find a concrete supported formats list for iPad (they seem to jumble all the versions together on the website) 

I am trying to find out if AAC/M4A is supported natively and if its just a matter of purchasing the 9.99 ALL CURRENT FEATURES add-in or purchasing the WavePad Master's Edition for 14.99

if it is only a subscription to another service then I want to know that too 

Thanks if anyone can answer it is appreciated

The licensed version is going to allow you to have access to all the features and tools available on the program. 

Here you can check the supported formats in general for the program: https://www.nch.com.au/wavepad/kb/1414.html

You can add the audio file directly from iTunes, the program is going to import the file, and even is going to load it into the program. 

Thank you for the reply, the link you gave doesn't address the iPad Version.  

My message I got on the iPad is that I had to go get a 3rd party subscription website for the AAC/M4A file.  The link you provided shows Windows and Mac but not the iPad. Do you have a similar link for the iPad Supported formats once I purchase?

I can drop the file into the Files section of the iPad easily enough, through a variety of methods.  I don't want to Add the file to iTunes/Sync to make it like a song file when its easy enough to airdrop or other method to get it into Files.  

2 hours ago, TECH Support said:

Unfortunately if you received that message regarding that specific file format, not even the paid version will run such file. 

thank you for the reply.  Shame really as AAC and unprotected m4a (I recorded the file) on an iPad , oh well.