Video Cache

thatonedrifter

After installing a new update on videopad my videos won,t process all the way (the green line above the videos). It will go about halfway then stop or sometimes not even at all. I've tried to the clear the cache on the videos and it doesn't work and closed and restarted videopad and that does nothing also. I'm also new to editing so any tips would be helpful, thanks.

What VP version started the project?   What version is running after the update?  If the sequence plays okay, despite the incomplete line, you're probably good to go.

It is wise to complete your work with the version used at the outset.  Recent improvements may limit backward compatibility of some effects.  This might relate to your issue.

Let someone take a look at your project, and they will help.  Follow instructions here:  http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

Be sure to SAVE AS PORTABLE PROJECT, not SAVE AS PROJECT.

1 hour ago, borate said:

What VP version started the project?   What version is running after the update?  If the sequence plays okay, despite the incomplete line, you're probably good to go.

It is wise to complete your work with the version used at the outset.  Recent improvements may limit backward compatibility of some effects.  This might relate to your issue.

Let someone take a look at your project, and they will help.  Follow instructions here:  http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

Be sure to SAVE AS PORTABLE PROJECT, not SAVE AS PROJECT.

I'm currently using version 7.24, I started the project on this version and am still running on this version. It buffers for a little bit then plays the sequence fine after that. On an older version I was using if the incomplete line wasn't there then it wouldn't save that part of the project that is why I want the line to be there this time. I'll also try saving as a portable project.

Hi

If the green bar stops try moving the red cursor line to the sticking point. That sometimes gets things moving again. This also seems to work when the timeline stops loading clips when a project is loading. NOte that the green bar doesn't necessarily load left to right as one might expect, some clips load the bar when they are off the end of the screen if the timeline is zoomed in leaving earlier parts of the green line stationary. Zoom out to show the whole timeline and you may see this.

Nat