Record dual tracks? Multiple instances?

Horrux

I record interviews. I would like to have the interviewer, say, 60% on the left channel and 40% on the right channel, and the interviewee, the reverse. That is, one a little louder on one side, and the other a little bit louder on the other.

In order to do this, I would need to record each (left, right) channel separately or conjointly in the same track.

So, what do I do? Run multiple instances of Wavepad and then later mix one track with a left slant and the other with a right channel slant?

Or is there a way to mix two microphones into one stereo (independent channels) track, which then I could adjust with left/right through wavepad?

Or something else?

I'm really not sure how to achieve this, so any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks

Try to do the recording like that is no possible using Wavepad. The program is not going to provide you the option to record separate channels. In this case the best recommendation is change the program for Mixpad, that is going to allow you and provide you the features to do this type of recording. Also you can assign a channel for each mic.

You can get the program from the next link: https://www.nch.com.au/mixpad/mpsetup.exe 

here you can check the tutorial section: https://www.nch.com.au/mixpad/tutorial.html

• 2 weeks later...

I am a bit late replying to your question, and my full response and advice will take some more time and experimentation once I understand your scenario.

(I'm not sure about the previous reply to your question but I believe that you can possibly get some satisfaction using WavePad and not need to use MixPad.)

So - if you are still attending this forum - let me ask a question or two to get help me best understand how to respond/help....  

What is your approach when recording an interview which I assume requires a microphone for the interviewer and another for the person being interviewed? 

How do record that into WavePad?