Cant position image in parts of video frame

anonazom

Hi, i'm using a trial version of the most current VideoPad and i'm encountering some weird problem.  I wanted to put a picture inside of a video.  When looking at tutorial videos, you put the move on track 1 and image on track 2, which I did.  I shrunk the image fine, but when I tried to move it, it will only move the image within the 'borders' of the original image size, or it gets cut off and disappears entirely.

For example, if the video is 800x600, but the image is only 50x50, the image can only be positioned within that 50x50 space (even when shrunken), else it gets cut off outside of it.  It looks simple enough to do, but i'm not sure why its bordering my image, and I cant move it freely across the video.

Hi

Normal steps for PIP.... (Version 7.25)

• Place your video on Video Track 1
  • Place your image on Video Track 2 (overlay track)...............

aa.jpg

• Apply a Scale effect to the image and reduce it to the desired size...................

bb.jpg

• Apply a Position effect to the scaled image.
  • Monitor your result in Clip preview (or use dual preview windows...Sequence preview will show the complete result)
  • In the  Clip preview window drag the white rectangle  surrounding  the image to any position required. If everything is working correctly you should be able to move the reduced overlay image to any point in the frame.........

ccc.jpg

• .......Even off the  frame......

dd.jpg

Note: Logically  you can't move the white frame completely off the video image which is logical. (The white frame would be better seen if the it was actually a RED frame - It would be more visible against the chequerboard.

Nat

Thanks for the replies.  None of the above suggestions worked, but I figured it out playing around.  Before I shrank and changed position, I had to use "Letterbox to Aspect Ratio" on the image, then the above options.  Any way to set that as a default instead of an effect?

Any way to set that as a default instead of an effect?

No.  But for compatibility you can change the aspect ratio of a clip while it's still in the bin, before placing it on the timeline.  Right-click the clip and choose that option.