Preview, everything slow with large number of clips

Sandy.A

Hi, I have videopad 4.48, a Lenovo laptop T440. I have a short film project, about 100 x 5 second clips that I'm intending to edit to play with a 3 minute audio track. The clips are filmed with an iphone 6, they are quite big in size, around 10GB each on average. 

The computer is really struggling now that I've added the clips to the video files in my project and have added about 20 clips to my timeline. The laptop specs are something like: 

• CPU: 1.6GHz Intel Core i5-4200U (dual-core, 3MB cache)
  • Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4400.
  • RAM: 4GB DDR3L

My question is: is it the lack of power in the laptop that is preventing me use videopad to create my project properly? I feel the issue is that my new iphone records images in much higher quality than I've done previously. Is there a workaround? Is it some other problem? What kind of specs would I need to build the project I want? Is there any way I can reduce the file size of all my clips in one step that would make things easier? 

Any help much appreciated, 

Sandy

Video editing is resource intensive.  100 10GB files are sure to choke a PC with but 4GB RAM.  Proxy editing may help.  http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/26563-proxy-editing/

In any case, you might break the project into small chunks and export each at a reasonable but lower quality.  Then load those files into VP (they are now just clips) and export the final.  There are also utilities available that can merge Mp4 files.

Version 4.48 is old.  Here is the latest.  For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest, so retain your install file.