msguilfoil

Video clip is black after exporting to MP4

For some reason, a video clip works fine on preview but once exported it is just a black screen. The audio is there but no picture. Any ideas why or how I can fix it?

Please try to experiment with other output formats, like .avi or wmv (you'll have many others to choose from). You can also experiment with different encoding settings. 

Yes, getting the same. I have a video to start the slideshow and export at 720, 1280x720.

I get a blank video but the sound is still there. The generation of the slideshow starts at 10-14% so it's not including the video.
Very frustrating. It may be a cache issue, but I have not found a way to reliably have the slideshow export include the video.

On 7/26/2019 at 12:42 PM, TECH Support said:

Please try to experiment with other output formats, like .avi or wmv (you'll have many others to choose from). You can also experiment with different encoding settings. 

No, this is clearly a bug that needs fixing. I need MP4.

I worked for weeks on a video for my parents 50th anniversary party.  I spent the whole day trying to save it to other media only to have a black screen.  

Driving late to MI empty handed and sick over all the time I wasted.  The preview was great but of course I couldn’t save that.  I want my money back!  

You should have fixed it instead of pushing that job off to your customers to “experiment”.