Imported file lost on original source

RiverOwl

Help!! I imported a video directly from a ScanDisc. The video was over an hour long. After I did some editing I decided I didn't like the result and closed the project selecting 'discard' when prompted. Now the file on ScanDisc is only showing 22 minutes which was the edited section. I know the rest of full hour was recorded because I saw part of it far beyond the 22 minute mark. What happened?? How do I get the original recording back??? I am under serious time pressure to get this done for my Master's program. Help!!!

Hi

You imported a video.........Did you save a copy? 

Closing the project (effectively shutting down VP) and selecting "Discard" removes all the editing you did. Had you selected "Save" VP would have saved a vpj file which would have enabled you to reload your work. (The video + editing)

As, (presumably) you did not do a "Save Project" or "Save project as" whilst you were editing you won't have anything to fall back on. In effect you will have to start again with the imported video. 

How did you import your ScanDisc video into VP without having created a copy first?

Nat