When I save an effect and then open up the file again the effect is gone. Can anyone help me?

Gabriella LaPlace1

What version of Videopad?  Here is the latest.

For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.

Someone will take a look if you upload and share the project, and indicate what effect is desired ... on which clip/s.

Follow these easy steps...    http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

• 1 month later...

I'm having a problem similar to this but with my projects when I re-open it the order of the clips in the timeline have changed. Very frustrating - I have deleted 3 times now and started over but every time the same thing happens. Beginning to think I have wasted my money...

What Videopad version is being used?

No similar reports of clips being rearranged have come to light.

The best way to sort this is to share your project.  Here's how...  http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

You might also try the latest version.  For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest, so retain your original install file.  It's usually archived in this path:  "C:\Program Files (x86)\NCH Software\VideoPad"

Hi

Sharing the project may not resolve this as if there presumably is an error in  the vpj file posted to dropbox (etc) it will simply reassemble the project out of order. . There will be no way of knowing if the original clip order was changed when the sender saved it apart from assuming it WAS in order when the project was saved.

It's an awkward one to check out. However, like Borate I've not seen this happen before. I have just reconstructed from the vpj file a project with 95 consecutively numbered clips starting from an empty cache.Every clip was in it's correct place. (Version 7.25 )

I take it that no changes to the clip order were made to the project AFTER the vpj file was created without creating a NEW vpj file.?

Another thought....If you did save the project again after changing the clip order, did you save it to a different folder but reload the first project save from the first folder? (It's unlikely as VP saves to the same default folder and it would normally overwrite)

It's an odd one.

Nat