Sound files disappeared

JonathanD

I was working on a project which combined a large number of video, audio, and image files. When I woke up this morning and uploaded the project, most of the audio files were no longer attached to the project. The original audio is still sitting there in the sound files bin, but absolutely none of it is done below in the project. Strangely, even two of the videos with audio that were in the project now have audio missing, though the other six still have the audio attached.

Where did all this audio go?

Did you back up the project routinely, using PROJECT|SAVE AS with a unique # or name?  Try restoring an earlier back up.

Are you using the same VP version now as when the project was constructed?

Reinstalling VP won't hurt.

I didn't back up with unique numbers. I was hoping there would be some sort of restore or backup built in, but from your response I'm guessing no?

I'm using a different version as when I started. After working on the project for some time, I ran into an issue where all the audio files were stuck on "processing" indefinitely. I looked up what to do and saw that I should clear that cache, that didn't work, so I kept looking and saw I should update to the most recent version of VP. That didn't work either, but then I tried clearing the cache again, then restarting, and then the audio files processed fine.

However, it was only a couple days later that the audio suddenly went missing completely. Are you suggesting the update might have somehow been the issue?

On 6/30/2019 at 7:33 PM, borate said:

Did you back up the project routinely, using PROJECT|SAVE AS with a unique # or name?  Try restoring an earlier back up.

Are you using the same VP version now as when the project was constructed?

Reinstalling VP won't hurt.

Reinstalling fixed it, thank you thank you thank you.

Glad it worked out.  When starting a new project or even when over-installing a newer version it's wise to Clear Unused Cache Files, under OPTIONS|DISK tab.

There is an auto-backup feature of sorts.  Check the folder where the project file/s are stored.