editing all text boxes on the same track at once

alpenzwalper

Hello,
I put text on my shortmovie.
Add text etc ...

Now that is done for my hole movie, I come to the conclusion the text is too big.

So I want a smaller font ...

Do I need to adjust this for each single text box or is it possible to do it at once for the whole track ?

Would save me very much time ...

Thank you, kind regards

Click the FX icon, left-bottom of one of the text overlay clips and click on the SCALE effect.  Scale the text to the desired size.

Click the fourth button from the left on the toolbar whose pop up reads "Save as Effect Chain Template" and give it a name.

On the timeline, select (highlight) all the text clips to be changed.

On the toolbar click EFFECTS|VIDEO EFFECTS, then scroll down to the Templates section and click the template you just saved.

A prompt should appear to apply to ALL or to ONE.  Choose ALL and the template will be applied to every selected text clip.

Hi

This is the method that should work... (But see below)

• Put the mouse cursor on Video Track 2  containing the text and press Ctrl + A.  This will highlight all the text clips on the track. (Their background will turn light grey)
  • Click the FX on the first Text clip and select Scale
  • Adjust the Horizontal or Vertical slider (They are linked) until text in the preview screen is size required.
  • Now click the 7th button along the top of the Effect Pane. (It will be highlighted and looks like a piece of film containing a green +) .. (Append effect chain to other selected clips..)
  • The change in scale will be set on all your text clips.

.......This should work but I have just noticed a bug here where ALL the tracks on the  the timeline get selected and alter in scale not just the clips on Video Track 2.  This was noted in the VP 7.20 Beta version. So it may not be relevant to your version so give it a try anyway.

PS. Instead of selecting the Text clips using Ctrl +A (which seems to be faulty, Press the SHIFT key down and Click the first text clip followed by the last Text clip keeping SHIFT pressed. This should select all the text clips. Now click the FX on the first clip as from step 2 above.

Nat

Hi

Checked with NCH. This behavior ...using  Ctrl +A  to selct all the clips is a method that selects  ALL the clips and tracks  on the sequence and is not a bug. So you  will have to use Borate's method or SHIFT and CLICK first and Last clip to make the selection.

I have suggested that a "Select All Clips" option be added to the Right Click  menu that comes up when any track is right clicked.

Nat