Problem with splitting clips

Michal

Hi there, 

I´ve got problem with splitting clips. I´ve added many clips on timeline and than split them to very small pieces. Everything seem to be okay. But, in preview and after export too, from unknow reason to me shows thumbnails of original clips. When player reach to split clip, always appear this frame and little lag is there too. 

Does anyone know how to fix it? I spend more than 6 hours of editing and have not power to do it again.

Thank you

Save your project.  If you are not using the latest 7.11 release, download it here.  Install, then reload your project.  What is the format of the source video clips?

If you are a registered user, remember that upgrades are free for up to six months.  After that, your purchase will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the latest.  Always retain the installer file, though it's automatically backed up on the PC.

If the issue isn't resolved, please share your project.  Someone will check it out.  Here's how...http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

This is an issue that I too am suffering from.

To put it into my words; typically, I have a series of one hour long DV tapes to edit, of dreary family scenes so I split it every 10 seconds so that chunks can be deleted. However, during editing, the first frame is then interposed at each of the breaks. The thumbnail for each clip then maybe, or not, becomes the first frame of the tape.

It can be removed by careful manipulation of the editing tools, but is very time consuming and irritating. 

I'm sure that the issue compounds itself with successive edits, that is, more of the clips become contaminated in time.

I'm using Videopad V 7.0

Downloaded and installed V7.1.1, reloaded and exported - no change.

However, now I notice that the interfering frame is only inserted when a video transition is applied.

Insert any transition and the first frame is introduced at the start of each and every clip; remove the transition and the clip shows the correct frame.

This is so consistent that I can't believe nobody else has suffered the same defect.

Yes, that's best.  Program a few transitions with the file types you have been using until the fault appears.

Or simply split out and delete the bulk of the project (after saving it, of course), and export the remainder.

Then upload and share.  We'll check it out.