Express Invoice - macOS 10.15 Catalina

TGagle

I just downloaded Catalina also and cannot access any of my invoicing,  we are 100% shut down on billing and accounts receivable now! Was thinking about going with more stable invoicing software for Mac but this will insure it at this point! I just downloaded Catalina also and cannot access any of my invoicing,  we are 100% shut down on billing and accounts receivable now! Was thinking about going with more stable invoicing software for Mac but this will insure it at this point! 

On 10/8/2019 at 2:16 PM, TGagle said:

In my opinion, here's is what could be done. It seems that NCH is not in any hurry to provide a 64bit version. This is very frustrating. NCH could at least give us a general guess at a time line. 

Here an option or suggestion for NCH.

• The data files/folders used by Express Invoice are totally compatible between the macOS and Windows version of the product.
  • If you are running Parallels or VMFusion on your Mac and have a Windows VM, then you could install the Windows version or Express Invoice
  • Copy or share the data location
  • You are now up and running
  • NCH could/should provide a license to allow us to run a copy on Windows. Even if it were a temporary license.

On 10/8/2019 at 6:46 PM, tecmac said:

Did NCH offered a windows license to compensate? I gave at least 250$ over the years for all the updates I sure hope that they can be honest and offer a solution, even temporary..

On 10/8/2019 at 2:16 PM, TGagle said:

In my opinion, here's is what could be done. It seems that NCH is not in any hurry to provide a 64bit version. This is very frustrating. NCH could at least give us a general guess at a time line. 

Here an option or suggestion for NCH.

• The data files/folders used by Express Invoice are totally compatible between the macOS and Windows version of the product.
  • If you are running Parallels or VMFusion on your Mac and have a Windows VM, then you could install the Windows version or Express Invoice
  • Copy or share the data location
  • You are now up and running
  • NCH could/should provide a license to allow us to run a copy on Windows. Even if it were a temporary license.

How do you copy or share data location, where you successful in doing this?

I have two MacBook pros and I upgraded one to the new Catalina and my other one does not have the upgrade.  I still have a functioning invoice express on my old one and my 2019 files are on my new MacBook Pro.  How do I access these files as to transfer them to the old computer? Please and thank you.

18 hours ago, Rodayomar said:

I have two MacBook pros and I upgraded one to the new Catalina and my other one does not have the upgrade.  I still have a functioning invoice express on my old one and my 2019 files are on my new MacBook Pro.  How do I access these files as to transfer them to the old computer? Please and thank you.

Simple answer....you can't, myself along with countless others are experiencing the exact same issue as you. Because of this, I've moved to a new invoicing system as I would never trust NCH with future Mac OS compatibility issues. If you need basic invoicing then ZipBooks is free PLUS you can generate invoices on the fly through an app on your phone, for more features you pay a small monthly fee.They also have a live chat to answer any questions within their office hours. Hope this helps

Your new MacBook Pro has your 2019 files that you want to copy to your old MacBook. Your old MacBook is NOT running Catalina, correct?

If this is true, you can copy the files from your new MacBook to your old MacBook.  You do not need to export the files. You could not do this since, you can't access the program under Catalina.

Go to the following directory, copy all files/directories from new to old.

Mac: /Users/User/Library/Application Support/NCH Software/ExpressInvoice/Shared

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in the same situation, and I'm thinking about a refund as nch can't assure their service they made us paid for.

It's ashame, The update from mac has been announced for long and it's still not done. I'm a programmer and it doesn't seems to be so miuch to do. What's happening ? Other priorities?

When will it be done ? or when will I a refund have ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/18/2019 at 3:57 PM, N_C_H_josh said:

We don't have a timeline for the next release, but you can stay updated on our releases by subscribing to our newsletter at www.nchsoftware.com/software/newsletter.html or by following @nchsoftware on Twitter. 

This is not good,

I didn't know this was an issue, i should have known to go check on the forums before i did my Mac upgrades.

Really really really need to do all my invoicing. Theres too much mooney at stake here. Unreliable tool for business is not an investment. This is a waste of time and will cause damage to all business owner's pocket.