Express Invoice - macOS 10.15 Catalina

TGagle

• 3 months later...

Hello,

i updated my os with Catalina yesterday, and this morning, i can't access to Express invoice 2  ... o_0

It's a really big problem, all my invoices are in this app,  what can i do, please, i urgently need help

Could you, at least, announce a update date ? 

Thanks by advance.

I'm also now in the same situation having just updated to Catalina.  I think a lot more people will be in the same boat before long.  Please can you give an ETA before people start going elsewhere!

In my opinion, here's is what could be done. It seems that NCH is not in any hurry to provide a 64bit version. This is very frustrating. NCH could at least give us a general guess at a time line. 

Here an option or suggestion for NCH.

• The data files/folders used by Express Invoice are totally compatible between the macOS and Windows version of the product.
  • If you are running Parallels or VMFusion on your Mac and have a Windows VM, then you could install the Windows version or Express Invoice
  • Copy or share the data location
  • You are now up and running
  • NCH could/should provide a license to allow us to run a copy on Windows. Even if it were a temporary license.

Just updated with macOS Catalina version 10.15 now I am unable to get into express invoice. message has appeared "Apple's transition to 64 bit technology is now complete.  Starting with macOS Catalina, 32-bit apps are no longer compatible with macOS.  If you have a 32 bit app, please check with developer for a 64-bit version.  Can anyone assist me I cannot open Express Invoice and this is causing me headaches who can I contact or speak to

16 hours ago, Thierry GS said:

Hello,

i updated my os with Catalina yesterday, and this morning, i can't access to Express invoice 2  ... o_0

It's a really big problem, all my invoices are in this app,  what can i do, please, i urgently need help

Could you, at least, announce a update date ? 

Thanks by advance.

Good luck with that! I am seriously thinking of replacing the invoicing app Express Invoice that I have been using for 10 years because of this.. You might need to reformat your drive and install Mojave.. if you can reformat just a part if you have enough space so you can still use the 32bits apps.. I hope you got your Express Invoice synced with dropbox?

4 hours ago, TGagle said:

In my opinion, here's is what could be done. It seems that NCH is not in any hurry to provide a 64bit version. This is very frustrating. NCH could at least give us a general guess at a time line. 

Here an option or suggestion for NCH.

• The data files/folders used by Express Invoice are totally compatible between the macOS and Windows version of the product.
  • If you are running Parallels or VMFusion on your Mac and have a Windows VM, then you could install the Windows version or Express Invoice
  • Copy or share the data location
  • You are now up and running
  • NCH could/should provide a license to allow us to run a copy on Windows. Even if it were a temporary license.

Did NCH offered a windows license to compensate? I gave at least 250$ over the years for all the updates I sure hope that they can be honest and offer a solution, even temporary..

I asked this same question back in April.  Here is the response I received from NCH....well we are at that transition date and we need it ASAP!!!

Hello,

At the moment, as you can confirm at https://support.apple.com/en-us/ht208436 that 32-bit applications will currently work in your MacOS High Sierra 10.13.4 and Mojave OS, please continue to do so. There's no full transition date set by Apple yet, but NCH Software should have a 64-bit solution before the transition due date. 

Its been a pleasure assisting you, if there is anything else we can do for you do not hesitate to contact us back.

Regards,

Federico
NCH Customer Service Team

On 10/8/2019 at 5:12 PM, N_C_H_josh said:

We don't have an ETA, sorry.  The newsletter or Twitter will be your best resources for that.

It is more than a week ago. Can give a more accurate date for the possible release? We need this NOW!

Hi

How to register/log in the iPad, phone version to be ale to see all the existing invoices disabled due 32bit vs Catalina ?

Another question: when do you planning to upgrade Express Invoice to 64bit version ?

Please specify:  days? weeks? months? years? or never?

Saying every time: we do not know it is not an answer. Go and ask your programists how long it will take??????

Why is NCH not even providing an ETA? Atleast it will help customers to either wait for their release or look for other compatible softwares. Not even sure if they are working on it. Small business needs constant cash flow and they cant survive without invoicing their customers.

They knew about 64-bit requirement since March, 2019. Too bad we are stuck with them.

On 10/24/2019 at 10:58 AM, Pazekal said:

...is a proper alternative for me at the moment. But only because i have the time tracking software too. 

Thanks. Will try that. Do you know does it have web version as well? Also did you find solution to migrate your existing data to that software?

There is no web interface and no import but really intuitive. 

(They edited my post again to hide that i have been warned to give the people here an alternative for the not working software of you NCH. Why do you do that editing without letting the people know about that)

Edited by Pazekal