Issue

yeeet

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Same problem for me as for "yeeet" and "paciotto". I tried to enhance spotify audio, it did not work. I even tried playing audio from windows's Groove music application, same result. I will retry after restarting computer. If it works I will post here about the change.

Windows 10 Version 1903 

Could you test opening the program DeskFx first, then launch the streaming you are trying to enhance and test it. In case the issues remain, it will be better if you contact the NCH Software support team for better assistance on this matter.

• 4 months later...

Make sure you have not disabled other sound options like the built in motherboard ones, reinstall deskFX and go to options and make sure you have selected the right sound and it should work. mine stopped when i disabled the other sound devices that i never used, and it worked when i had one other aside from the active working sound. hope this helps!

• 9 months later...

Go to Sound Settings, select Sound Control Panel, select <playback>, double click <speakers>. Select <Enhancements> and untick [Dissable all Enhancements]. Your stream should start. ;0)

• 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I got mine to work again after having this issue. I downloaded FX Sound  https://www.fxsound.com/

I guess FX Sound running the stream allows DeskFX to pick up on the stream running through the audio chip? I dunno lol. All I know is Realtek has a lot of work to do in order to provide us a sensible, reliable, and versatile product.

My settings with FX Sound, so it doesn't mess with DeskFX at all, is: 1 on Clarity, 0 on all the others, the EQ part I have at +1+3+2-2-3-2+2+3+2, and it sounds great.

In Desk FX I have a reverb and two echoes set up to make my music sound better. didn't mess with the EQ. It sounds great now! Listening to 80's stuff, like Rush and Cutting Crew.

Reverb:

Decay 3131, Diffusion 0, Wet -11, Dry -3

Echo 1 :

Gain 11, Time 1215

Echo 2:

Gain 9, Echo 2732