import files to mixPad

heike

I bought  the Audio Production Bundle for iPad that comes with wavePad and MixPad Master‘s Edition. With Wavepad i can import files from the device via „open file from device“. can you tell me please were i can find this function in mixpad?

Many thanks for the answer.  

With the "load-button" I have only the possibility to access the files stored in mixpad and cremtet with mixpad  How do I open a file that was not created with mixpad and that is located elsewhere in the file system of the device?  I am looking for the function "Open File on device" as it is in wavepad, which has access to all files.  With the "load button" I can not open any other created sound, or did i miss something here.  How should I proceed if I have made a recording with Wavpad and want to mix them in mixPad with other sounds?

• 4 months later...

I too am having this issue. Clicking the “Load” button does not open the native files app. It only opens a folder for content created in ExpressMix or that was somehow already in it’s own library. 

On the other hand, WavePad works perfectly; click on File> Open File From Device, and it loads the native files app and I can access all my samples and loops anywhere.

Can someone please fix this? Or tell me what I’m doing wrong.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I, too, cannot import sound files -- even the drag and drop doesn't work. When looking at the online tutorials, they blithely show the person's entire file lineup as if we can pick from that. It doesn't do that. I drag. I drop. Nothing moves into the track.

I had planned on buying the bundle since the interface looked quick simple and old school, but if it can't do something as simple as importing a sound file (music created elsewhere), I can't see myself wasting the money.

Let's try doing a clean install and delete all the cache of the program. Uninstall your software first, then go to the folder location below on your computer then delete the MixPad folders:

C:\ProgramData\NCH Software
C:\Users\(Your computer profile)\AppData\Roaming\NCH Software\MixPad

If you can't find the AppData folder, set Windows to show hidden files and folders with the steps from this link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14201/windows-show-hidden-files.

After deleting the MixPad folder, restart your computer then install it again from the next link: https://www.nch.com.au/mixpad/mpsetup.exe