Fade In and Fade Out

greenblue03

I was in the midst (about halfway through) editing a bunch of songs from a recent concert.  All of a sudden this morning, WavePad wouldn't load properly.  I ended up uninstalling it.  When I tried to reinstall it, I was told that I had to upgrade to a newer version.  I didn't really mind since I had been using the same version for several years, and while the $25 was an unwelcome expenditure, it's not a huge one.  Everything I was using before seems to be there, although in a different place.  However, I discovered something truly annoying right away.  It seems I can no longer do multiple clicks of Fade In and Fade Out like I used to.  I make heavy use of those features at the beginning and end of each song.  Instead, each time I have to click on the menu bar.  I'm also noticing at least one extra click when I cut out a section of a file.  Is there some way to shorten the process to like it was before?  Because all of a sudden the editing process is taking me considerably longer than it used to.  It's annoying when something doesn't work as well as it used to.  Why try to fix something that wasn't broken?  Is there a way I can go back to the version I was using before?  

On 5/29/2019 at 11:43 AM, DannR said:

It would be better if you summit this through https://www.nch.com.au/support/  So the Technical Support Team can provide you the steps and the information need it.

While it isn't a bad idea to submit an issue to support, I'd also hesitate to rule out posting here in the forum.

For one, there might be a fellow user who has some insight to a solution.

Secondly, surely there are other users such as myself who follow the forum(s) and are interested in what issues, and solutions might occur.