Switch doesn't realize I have the Flip4Mac

kckid31

So I have the latest version of Flip4Mac installed, but when I try converting a wma into a .mp3 or .m4a, the message pops up saying I need Flip4Mac and it's really getting me frustrated. What's the dealio?

I have the same problem, I'm always connected to the MS download site & though Flip4Mac was installed at least 10 times (!!), Switch can't find the plug-in & says there are still components missing. I wonder if the fault is in 1. MS or 2. Flip4Mac or 3. Switch?? BUT I found out a trick... (it takes a bit more time, but it works) For details please contact me. bernie49

I have the same problem, I'm always connected to the MS download site & though Flip4Mac was installed at least 10 times (!!), Switch can't find the plug-in & says there are still components missing. I wonder if the fault is in 1. MS or 2. Flip4Mac or 3. Switch?? BUT I found out a trick... (it takes a bit more time, but it works) For details please contact me. bernie49

Hi folks, so here is my trick: Before converting .wma into mp3 files, just disconnect your internet connection!! Then go on by selecting the files or folder to be concerted, the silly window appears again claiming you need "components", then Switch tries to connect to the internet, of course impossible now, an empty sheet in Safari appears, just go back to Switch & confirm that new components were installed, & then you can convert one file after the other. The unnecessary internet-connection which otherwise always appears after two converted files won't bother you no more. I hope I didn't forget anything. Try it, good luck!

• 4 weeks later...

Same problem here! But I don't need to disconnect from the Internet, just hit "Yes" when Switch asks if you want to go download the component; then it will open the download page in Safari, which you can just ignore. Go back to Switch and tell it that you've downloaded the component, and then it will convert away happily. Unfortunately though you have to do this for each file you want to convert, a real pain..

Do the developers even read these message forums??? This should be a simple thing for them to fix!

thanks,

-Jim

• 2 weeks later...

I hope they read this. I have the same problem. I'll consider registering and paying for it when this is fixed.

Same problem here!  But I don't need to disconnect from the Internet, just hit "Yes" when Switch asks if you want to go download the component; then it will open the download page in Safari, which you can just ignore.  Go back to Switch and tell it that you've downloaded the component, and then it will convert away happily.  Unfortunately though you have to do this for each file you want to convert, a real pain..

Do the developers even read these message forums???  This should be a simple thing for them to fix!

thanks,

-Jim

• 3 weeks later...

Hey there. I've had the same problems with this program. Just one little extra tip to speed up the "click yes, go to Safari, go back to Switch and click yes" process. When the window saying you need flip4mac comes up, hit enter. As soon as it switches to Safari hit CMD + Tab to get right back to Switch. By then you can hit enter again to 'confirm install' and it will start to convert. BTW for those that don't know, the CMD key is the one with the apple on it. This is just using a normal keyboard shortcut (same as Alt + Tab in Windows) that flips between programs.... try it! Also, if you hold the CMD button after hitting Tab, you will see the icons of your running programs pop up in the middle of the screen that you can tab through. This doesn't get rid of the problem of having to do it every time (man that sucks!), but may help it go a little faster for you if you have a bunch to do.

If anyone has found a better free WMA to MP3 converter for Macs, please let me know.

...If anyone has found a better free WMA to MP3 converter for Macs, please let me know.

Judging by the lack of Mac version references on the Switch page I suspect the Mac version is a pretty new addition to invisionzone's lineup. Probably not a big priority to clean up the code, but they're not going to generate any upgrade business from Mac users until they get it done! :angry:

• 9 months later...