video is choppy (Google translate)

Terje Syversen

I have used your software (licensed) to copy a lot of digital videos from tape to computer. The videos are recorded on a Panasonic NV-MX300. I connected this camera to the computer using Firewire cable. I noticed during the copying that the video looked choppy (is there a better word?) in Debut software while it looked ok in the camera. The fileformat is set to mp4. When i look at the fileproperties the framerate is 5.64 which seems low and probably explains the problem. What am i doing wrong?

Best regards, Terje.

In this case you need to make sure what is the FPS of your original video. If the frame rate is 5.64 as you mentioned, Debut is going to recognize it, on the Encoder try to use the H264 and change the Bitrate for a better quality. In this case using better Frame Rate you would have better image, remember that usually the basic is 24FPS,  getting better FPS the image is going to be better and not choppy. Verify this information with the original video, also try to change the Encoder Format that you are using so you will get better results. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have tried what you suggest, but the result is the same. I have set Video > Compressor to H264 and Video Quality/Bitrate to High Quality/Larger Filesize but the result is choppy. I tried to set Video > Compressor to H265 but then i get the message "x265enc3.exe has stopped working". When i play the video in your software without recording it plays very well so the transfer through Firewire is ok.. What to do next?

Try to reinstall again the program in this case, normally Debut is not going to have this issues, if you try to do the recording on your screen, do you still have the issue.  If this continues, the best would be summit a Ticket for the technical Team, so they can help you to define if this is a Bug or a issue with your settings. You can Summit this on https://www.nch.com.au/support/