export video to DVD stuck on 72%. No further progress for hours

Yelena

I created a movie that was about 50 min. long, and saved it in MP4 format.  However, when I tried to export it to DVD selecting Image file, process was running smoothly up to 60%, and then was stuck on it for about 10 hours.  I closed VP from Task Manager.  Then separated my movie into two parts.  VP created image file from the first part of movie that is 10 min long, but when I tried same approach on the second part, VP stuck on 72%, and sitting there for four hours already.  Is there any limitation on movie size to export it to DVD? 

My understanding is that I have to create image file first, and then burn it.  Am I wrong? 

I'm using VideoPad 7.11

Thank you

It's not necessary to first create an image file.  But that is a good way to check the integrity of the export.  Or use a rewritable DVD. It's slow, but avoids making coasters.

There's no length limitation. To sleuth the export hang please upload part two of your project and share the link here or privately to me via a personal message.

Here's how...http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

No export issue here, using v7.11;  took less than a minute.  Video editing is resource intensive.  Perhaps there wasn't enough free space on the drive, or other systemic limitation.

There were font problems  - duplication was removed and readability improved head and end.

Though lip sync occasionally seems not to be dead on, it's about as good as it's going to be.

Looks like a great time was had by all.😊

For a short time, the completed export is here.  Click the download button.

Thank you for help.  I downloaded your version of mp4 file, but it starts not from the beginning.  It supposed to start with bride getting off limo (the first part ended with limo image with sign "Just Married").  Sorry, I do not want to lose that tiny part 🙂  I do not want to believe I've sent your way the wrong  mp4 file...

I shared my mp4 with bride getting off limo (I called it 'wedding-part2-1st version') again just in case: https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ak8LPJoyD-R4cxZQMP8rqftHG6o

Did you create .iso file from mp4?  If yes, then please share it with me.  In your shared location I found mp4 only.

Thank you, and sorry for taking your time

I'm really sorry to take your time, and very frustrated by my helplessness..

Current situation is: I tried to burn CD with Express Burn by NCH using iso files, but when I tired to add iso files, I got message that only video files can be added 

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ak8LPJoyD-R4i2K00-_lZwDLc76F

How to burn both iso files (part 1 and part 2) to same DVD?

Another request: if you still have by chance the latest version of mp4, could you please give it to me?  whatever I have has either doubled titles, or started not from the beginning 😞 

Thank you

Yes, there was an issue with the original not starting from the beginning for reasons unknown but corrected in the pt. 2 iso.  Burn your ISO to a DVD disk, not a CD.  If prompted to burn as a MOVIE or data, choose MOVIE.

As for combining two ISOs...  an ISO is a disc image. You can't burn several of them onto 1 disc.  There may be workarounds to accomplish this but they are beyond my level of expertise.  You may have to settle for two disks.

If you want to again play with burning via Videopad I'd suggest installing version 7.01 which is available here.  Retain your original install file.  Scroll down to the Videopad versions. This succeeded here, and the ISO created a nice DVD movie disk that should be good on the PC or a standalone DVD player.

Another usage of a DVD disk is simply storage.  You might create an mp4 with VP, then burn the result to a DVD as data. This creates an ISO that contains the mp4, which can be played with Windows Media Player or the like. An mp4 probably won't be playable on a standalone DVD player.  And a CD's capacity may be too limited to hold all the data.

In line with that, here, for a short time, here is the mp4 with initial scene intact.  So, lots of options.

Your best bet might be to load mp4 clips one and two into VP,  then burn them to a DVD data disk.  If need be, the mp4 parts can be extracted from the respective iso files.  Windows 10 should do this automatically with a double-click on the iso, which opens a virtual DVD drive that can be accessed via the Windows Explorer file manager.  The mp4 will show up in that drive.

Sorry for my stupidity.  If I understand you right, movie burning as data will not be recognized by standalone DVD player.  That's not what I need.  I need playable DVD record.

Originally, my intention was to create one iso file for the whole movie (with two parts), but later I divided movie into two parts because of the issue reported above (VP stuck on creating iso file).  Since you know workaround, could you  please be so kind, and create another iso file (I hope it's the last one I'm asking for)?  Please 🙂

I uploaded project with both parts: https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ak8LPJoyD-R4i2K00-_lZwDLc76F

If your final mp4 part 2 file is better that file in my shared folder, please use yours.

Thank you in advance

Thank you!  I was able to burn DVD, and it's playing now 😊

Could I do anything to have fast-forward enabled?  If yes, then, probably, it could be done on project stage, before creating image...  It's too late for this project, but for future?

Anyway, you are my hero 😊

Thank you 😊😊😊

Glad it worked out for you. 

The ISOs were made with VP.  The DVD was burned by another program.  Can't say if FF enabling is a function of either??

Nothing that address this is available in VP export AFAIK.  You might put the query to the Express Burn forum.

Hi Yelena

Your original download... wedding-part 2-first version,mp4  played OK here and started with the bride getting out of the car. The only thing I felt was that the scrolling title was probably the wrong color being blue and the end title perhaps should have been placed in the screen centre and not at the top. Otherwise it seemed OK.

Provided you can get both parts onto 1 DVD then you do this in a couple of ways.

1.  Load both videos (presumably there is a part one and a Part 2) into VP and place then one after the other on the timeline. and then export to DVD but before doing that step through the timeline with the red cursor line and  where you want a chapter click the cursor red block. This will allow to create a series of Bookmarks that will be recognised by a suitable DVD player as Chapters.
  2. If your movie parts are complete  (create Bookmarks in each as described above,) you can add them to Express Burn as separate videos. Providing the DVD capacity is sufficient the program will burn them one after the other as separate videos (with chapters). This program will also enable you to add menus.

Nat