Latest version issue

Mozz

Am I the only person who doesn't want films automatically produced to look like they're letterbox or vertical slit? This feature is ridiculous and one is unable to not disable it !

I have tried a suggested 'fix' which is to reduce my film from 4k to 1080... it doesn't work plus I don't want to reduce the quality.

I have actually shared the film in two versions.. my initial edit with a temp sound track which was indicative of how I want the finished piece... then I did a new edit with a track I've had written especially for it, Pleased as punch I did a new edit and slight crop adjustment ..then went to export.... and saw new features I hadn't seem before... the exported film is an embarrassment''' Now for whatever reason my Platinum support has been ignored and I purchased it specifically to address this one issue. 

I cant't stick the film on here but can put link to the two versions on a temporary password? 

Please send the PW in a personal message to me with a demo of both the temp intended look and the post-crop unwanted result.  State the export settings for each.

If you paid for support, it won't be ignored.  As noted in the last graph here, you should have received a contact link.

Other versions of the program may be found on your PC in this path...   "C:\Program Files (x86)\NCH Software\VideoPad"

Or download from http://OLDVERSIONDOWNLOAD.COM

Thank you Borate I will hold back downloading the old version until you have watched what I've sent. I would like to retain the newer install as there are a couple of good improvements but not if I have to accept the result as per my example. 

Downloaded the "original" 4K as well as the version with the new music.

Loaded both into VP 7.10 and replaced the original sound track with the new.

Exported as LOSSLESS, which maintained the quality of the source.

No change in aspect ratio.

Did you upload directly from VP to Vimeo, or create a file and then use their upload procedure?

I much prefer to upload to Vimeo manually and it's never a problem 

I have just checked my current version from the download mail and it's the 'Masters Edition' which came as a bundle. If the alternative works I will be positively happy 

Nothing special was done here.  Also tested a cropped version - a re-encoded export with default settings @29.97fps.   Same good result.

Experimenting with letterbox format will reveal why it can be useful for legacy format video.  The feature is enabled only when applicable.

For me it automatically sets to letterbox when I select 4k...

It's important for this reason

My crop pf the original footage was intentional for this reason

The 4K film will be projected onto a large screen on stage in a small art thatre. The blackness either side of the piece will be occupied by two other models performing the same piece live as a piece of theatre. I have lost two arts festival exhibitions so far so I want to get it exactly right for my next one in two weeks time. 

The letterbox/crop and zoom feature is BS. It was never necessary on older versions of VideoPad. :/

I'm trying to export a video in 1280*720 just like it's shown in the preview, but the auto-detected resolution is 612*576, and I don't like either result from the letterbox or crop and zoom options. Going back to 7.03 for now.

4 hours ago, Ivan187 said:

I'm trying to export a video in 1280*720 just like it's shown in the preview, but the auto-detected resolution is 612*576, and I don't like either result from the letterbox or crop and zoom options. Going back to 7.03 for now.

Your project apparently has clips with various resolutions.  If auto-match doesn't show the desired resolution, set it manually.

You will likely see that the letterbox/crop choices are greyed out (disabled) and the result will be what you chose.

57 minutes ago, borate said:

Your project apparently has clips with various resolutions.  If auto-match doesn't show the desired resolution, set it manually.

You will likely see that the letterbox/crop choices are greyed out (disabled) and the result will be what you chose.

Exactly what I did. I selected the YouTube 720p preset, and the options were not greyed out.
Am I missing something?

Hi

Borate is  correct.  If you are using clips with different resolutions,  Auto match Contents will show varying values.  e.g.a timeline with two different clips (1280 x720  + 1920 x 1080)   shows a resolution export setting (Auto Match Content) of 1600 x 900.

If you want to export at a specific resolution ..

• Leave the Preset at Default although YouTube 720p should also work
  • Choose your File Format (e.g. .mp4 etc)
  • Choose Video Quality/Filesize
  • If the Resolution box does not show your required values click the down chevron button at the end of the box and choose 1280 x 720 720p  from the list of choices.   (I think this is where you may be  going wrong as if Auto Match was used previously then it becomes the default and as noted above values may not be what you want.)
  • Set required Frame rate

VP should export at the selected settings. Choosing any of the Preset options in the the lower group of choices will activate the Letterbox/Crop Zoom option which would otherwise remain greyed out.

Nat

4 hours ago, Nationalsolo said:

Hi

Borate is  correct.  If you are using clips with different resolutions,  Auto match Contents will show varying values.  e.g.a timeline with two different clips (1280 x720  + 1920 x 1080)   shows a resolution export setting (Auto Match Content) of 1600 x 900.

If you want to export at a specific resolution ..

• Leave the Preset at Default although YouTube 720p should also work
  • Choose your File Format (e.g. .mp4 etc)
  • Choose Video Quality/Filesize
  • If the Resolution box does not show your required values click the down chevron button at the end of the box and choose 1280 x 720 720p  from the list of choices.   (I think this is where you may be  going wrong as if Auto Match was used previously then it becomes the default and as noted above values may not be what you want.)
  • Set required Frame rate

VP should export at the selected settings. Choosing any of the Preset options in the the lower group of choices will activate the Letterbox/Crop Zoom option which would otherwise remain greyed out.

Nat

That's what I'm doing though! The thing is that both resolutions you mentioned at the top, are in an aspect ratio of 16:9. In my case, I had that property vary between sources. (I say "had" because I already exported my project successfully in 7.03.)