Dave Rado

DVDs written with Express Burn don't play on a DVD player

I've just created my first DVD using Express Burn, by selecting Video DVD, clicking Add File, adding a menu and then clicking Burn Video to DVD. The resulting DVD plays okay on my PC's DVD ROM drive, but not on my DVD Player (i.e. not on my standalone DVD player that is attached to my television.) DVDs written with other DVD burning software do play fine on my DVD player. Any idea what could be going wrong?

Dave

PS - I'm posting this reply just so that I can turn on "Notify me of replies" because it was switched off by default and I didn't notice that until I'd clicked the Submit button - and I couldn't see any way to change that setting other than  by replying to my own post.

I've just tried converting the MP4 to a DVD without using a menu and I get exactly the same problem.

I've also tried converting the MP4 to an ISO file and then using different burning software to burn the ISO file to the DVD - but again I get exactly the same problem.

And yet if I convert the same MP4 file to DVD using a different software package, it plays perfectly on my DVD player.

So how can I fix this problem with Express Burn?