Photostage Professional Not Responding

Steve Clark

I have created a slideshow with 399 photos, which includes a few video clips.  The slideshow has got to the stage that everytime I try to do anything, eg create a text overlay or delete a slide the app goes off into the ether.  The mouse pointer either disappears althogether or is replaced with a blue rotating circle.  A message "Not responding" also appears immediately after the file name on the top row of the window.

Is the computer being slow to respond?  Am I being too impatient? 

Any suggestions??

Cheers Steve Clark

Slow performance issues may be caused by a large amount of files you add to the slideshow, large files (what is the size of those photos?), if you apply effects and/or transitions. If may also depend on your computer specs; so if you have a combination of the facts mentioned above, probably, you will get slow performance issues when creating your slideshows.

Hi Elk.  Thanks for your comments.  The photos are typically 5 to 7 MB and the video clips 20 to 60MB.  The only applied effects are text overlays as captions.  The transitions are standard Photostage transitions randomly selected.  The computer is a reasonably spece'd Dell but it has slowed significantly in the four years or so that I have owned it, so maybe a "refresh" is in order.

Cheers Steve Clark