MAC 64 Bit

HSS

I am trying to run a business here and cannot access my outstanding accounts or issue a new invoice.  

This is beyond unacceptable!Do you have any suggestion on how to at least access the information on the current software as the last back up I have was August when unbeknown to me, my cloud back ups of Express Invoice suddenly stopped happening!  This is a disgrace.  

If 64bit not likely to happen this week I will need to purchase a new package of accounting and invoicing software.  

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/4/2019 at 10:26 AM, N_C_H_josh said:

Yes, we'll be releasing 64-bit versions by the time Apple makes it mandatory. They haven't set a timeline yet.

NCH new this was coming since march  and they haven't come out with an update  for the MAC yet? what kind of operation are you guys running there?

I haven't updated to Catalina just because of Express invoice.. Can any one suggest any other software? where we can import Express invoice data? All I need is local data as I don't like to host it on some other company servers. Also bit of web access so we can check invoices by accessing our local computer.

You can export a year or two of Express Invoice data to .csv format and then perhaps import into another program. This from NCH when I inquired awhile back: 

If you want to export your invoices as CSV, you can click Reports menu > Invoices > set the filters to run the report > View > highlight all the invoices > click Save icon > Save as CSV. The steps are the same if you want to export your Customer list as CSV, just select Customers instead of Invoices from the Reports menu.

I've just started playing with another program, which is $10 on the Mac app store. I am a one-man band and need something simple and easy to use. This seems a plausible solution though I'd love to hear if anybody else has found something of this kind that I should consider. I suppose even a simple spreadsheet would work for me. Perhaps there's an Excel template for this purpose. 

On 10/9/2019 at 5:01 AM, tonyFAR said:

i believe we should look into using a different software i can not use express invoice now with the 64bit upgrade

I've moved on. it's obvious where we, the customer, stand with NCH. 

On 10/17/2019 at 7:14 AM, mitrecyclers said:

I haven't updated to Catalina just because of Express invoice.. Can any one suggest any other software? where we can import Express invoice data? All I need is local data as I don't like to host it on some other company servers. Also bit of web access so we can check invoices by accessing our local computer.

Try  another program. they offer a free version plus a trial of the paid. Very good so far

On 10/16/2019 at 8:50 AM, N_C_H_josh said:

Your data should be in /Users/$USER/Library/Application Support/NCH Software/ExpressInvoice/Shared where $USER is the username that you log in under. 

thank you I found it.  I copy pasted all invoices for this year and going to see if I can add it to my other MacBook Pro with the previous os

On 10/18/2019 at 4:08 PM, Rodayomar said:

thank you I found it.  I copy pasted all invoices for this year and going to see if I can add it to my other MacBook Pro with the previous os

actually I found the file but don't know how to use it. I have it saved but how do I implement it into my other computer of which I did not upgrade to Catalina? I cannot find where the storage of my files are in my older MacBook Pro. it is a mid 2012

Why is NCH not even providing an ETA? Atleast it will help customers to either wait for their release or look for other compatible softwares. Not even sure if they are working on it. Small business needs constant cash flow and they cant survive without invoicing their customers.

They knew about 64-bit requirement since March, 2019. Too bad we are stuck with them.

NCH.. Should I advise my CEO to never mind this incompetence and simply  "stay updated on our releases by subscribing to our newsletter at www.nchsoftware.com/software/newsletter.html or by following @nchsoftware on Twitter"?  I'm sure he will understand this dilemma and have  sympathy for NCH's incompetence.  Please ask your CEO to provide his/her thoughts! 

On 10/17/2019 at 9:36 AM, Mammonist said:

You can export a year or two of Express Invoice data to .csv format and then perhaps import into another program. This from NCH when I inquired awhile back: 

I've just started playing with another program, which is $10 on the Mac app store. I am a one-man band and need something simple and easy to use. This seems a plausible solution though I'd love to hear if anybody else has found something of this kind that I should consider. I suppose even a simple spreadsheet would work for me. Perhaps there's an Excel template for this purpose. 

What's the program? i'm will to try it since this company doesn't care about us....

• 2 weeks later...

As the responsible people at NCH seem to be either incompetent or don't care about customers that have already paid for their software I moved to another solution.

It was a bit tricky, but this is now an open source solution and simply working.

I also can state, that I will never ever buy any product of them and if asked will not recommend their company.

This is not the way to make business.

3 hours ago, WernerK11 said:

As the responsible people at NCH seem to be either incompetent or don't care about customers that have already paid for their software I moved to another solution.

It was a bit tricky, but this is now an open source solution and simply working.

I also can state, that I will never ever buy any product of them and if asked will not recommend their company.

This is not the way to make business.

Which product you moved to? I need software so someone can access over internet as well. That is actually a good feature.

I honestly also have only to confirm that it is not professional to leave clients paying for  a software product standing in the rain and not offering a solution for such a long time now!

certainly will affect NCH companies reputation!

pretty sure that this will affect future sales

On 11/15/2019 at 1:27 PM, Pongo said:

I honestly also have only to confirm that it is not professional to leave clients paying for  a software product standing in the rain and not offering a solution for such a long time now!

certainly will affect NCH companies reputation!

pretty sure that this will affect future sales

I downloaded the version and it seem to be working quite stable - 

On 11/15/2019 at 1:27 PM, Pongo said: