MAC 64 Bit

HSS

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/5/2019 at 2:26 AM, N_C_H_josh said:

Yes, we'll be releasing 64-bit versions by the time Apple makes it mandatory. They haven't set a timeline yet.

Meanwhile, I have been forced to upgrade to the latest version after weeks of to and froing about problems with my old version.. Done that, followed every instruction I can find, and the new upgrade won't show up. I was asked for the registration code, I entered that, and it is still the old  "not working properly" version.. What do I do? I can't get any help from anyone. I'm DESPERATE.. I am so behind on my invoicing

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

any news on the 64 bits version? I am a mac technician and I will need to upgrade to Catalina very soon and it's the same machine that I use for invoicing my clients. Should I plan for an 64 bits accounting software? i am seriously thinking of a plan B here, thx for the support.

On 10/1/2019 at 3:14 PM, tecmac said:

any news on the 64 bits version? I am a mac technician and I will need to upgrade to Catalina very soon and it's the same machine that I use for invoicing my clients. Should I plan for an 64 bits accounting software? i am seriously thinking of a plan B here, thx for the support.

We need that version. Today Catalina has been released as final version!!!!

These robotic posts of yours (on how we can subscribe to your newsletter) aren't placating anybody, or solving our problems. I just paid $50 (plus $10 for a month of tech support) for an update of your Mac software that does NOT work with the current Mac OS. It's outrageous that you aren't alerting customers to this situation before you take their money. We are now stuck with a choice of using Catalina or using Express Invoice and all you can do, evidently, is point us toward your newsletter. You've certainly known for a long time that Catalina was coming and that customers depend on your invoicing software. This episode sends a clear and unfortunate message about your reliability, your transparency and how you respond to legitimate customer concerns. Sensible users will move on if they can do so. 

1 hour ago, Mammonist said:

These robotic posts of yours (on how we can subscribe to your newsletter) aren't placating anybody, or solving our problems. I just paid $50 (plus $10 for a month of tech support) for an update of your Mac software that does NOT work with the current Mac OS. It's outrageous that you aren't alerting customers to this situation before you take their money. We are now stuck with a choice of using Catalina or using Express Invoice and all you can do, evidently, is point us toward your newsletter. You've certainly known for a long time that Catalina was coming and that customers depend on your invoicing software. This episode sends a clear and unfortunate message about your reliability, your transparency and how you respond to legitimate customer concerns. Sensible users will move on if they can do so. 

I absloutely agree - NCH, if you're listening, sort it out, this redirecting to a newsletter is totally unacceptable. I cannot access any of my open invoices or customer list!

1 hour ago, Mammonist said:

Personally, i'm stuck with Update MacOS done and unfortunately Express invoice out of range. It's worth ! I cannot do anything, even check my curent invoices !
Please NCH, tell us how to solve this issue a.s.a.p 

Thanks by advance.

37 minutes ago, N_C_H_josh said:

I understand your frustration, but the situation is exactly as I've explained it. The newsletter and Twitter will notify you when a new version has been released. 

Thanks for your replay, the question is : When ?

In few days ?

In few weeks ?

in few months ?

n my opinion, here's is what could be done. It seems that NCH is not in any hurry to provide a 64bit version. This is very frustrating. NCH could at least give us a general guess at a time line. 

Here an option or suggestion for NCH.

• The data files/folders used by Express Invoice are totally compatible between the macOS and Windows version of the product.
  • If you are running Parallels or VMFusion on your Mac and have a Windows VM, then you could install the Windows version or Express Invoice
  • Copy or share the data location
  • You are now up and running
  • NCH could/should provide a license to allow us to run a copy on Windows. Even if it were a temporary license.

8 minutes ago, TGagle said:

n my opinion, here's is what could be done. It seems that NCH is not in any hurry to provide a 64bit version. This is very frustrating. NCH could at least give us a general guess at a time line. 

Here an option or suggestion for NCH.

• The data files/folders used by Express Invoice are totally compatible between the macOS and Windows version of the product.
  • If you are running Parallels or VMFusion on your Mac and have a Windows VM, then you could install the Windows version or Express Invoice
  • Copy or share the data location
  • You are now up and running
  • NCH could/should provide a license to allow us to run a copy on Windows. Even if it were a temporary license.

I second this sensible and constructive idea. I can understand that, for whatever reason, NCH hasn't managed this transition properly. These things happen. But the stonewalling is unacceptable and extremely ill-advised. NCH, there should be a statement from your CEO saying he understands how serious this is, how dependent we are on this software etc. There should be a palliative (such as a Windows key code to tide us over). There should be instructions on exporting data from Express Invoice. There should be a warning to unsuspecting customers buying the Mac version of Express Invoice that it is not in fact compatible with Mac (at least not with the current OS). There should be a credible projection as to when we can expect a Catalina compatible version--even if that date is painfully far away. And there should be some assurance that the upgrade will be free or quite reasonably priced for those who've just bought the most recent useless release under the natural assumption that it would work. 

You have let a lot of paying customers down NCH. A business that cannot invoice or do its accounts will die very quickly.
We cannot wait indefinitely for a newsletter for this vital information.
The options for me are clear:

1) If NCH will not even give me an estimated date (after previously stating that the update would be available before Catalina release) then I must move elsewhere for my business critical accounting needs. (windows interim is not an option for me)

2) If NCH gives me a firm date in the near future for the 64 bit version I may decide to hang on before updating MacOS.

Which one is it to be NCH???

Come on NCH. Many of us have used your products for years and such a poor omission in not being ready for Catalina - particularly given you said above you would be. I have urgent invoices to raise in the next few days and if there is no update from you I'll be forced to look for a competitors product that will work. There is no doubt others will join me! Gove us all a timeframe!!

I just update my mac and cant use my Express invoice and i have invoices to send out or i don't get paid. NCH should have had this update a month ago. Why wait to the last minute and piss off users. i'm done with this program. Going to find some one that cares for there clients