New guy needs help

David D

I have made 4 vids. The last one when I play it, it kind of whites out and says media player has stopped and gives a couple of options that says look online for help which means I don't know what and another which says close program. The difference in the ones that have worked and the ones that don't as far as I can see is that the latest attempts it exports in a matter of seconds and the ones that worked it took a few minutes to export. I have used the mp4 thing and the mov one and no difference.

I don't think I know how to get a vid to you guys as I don't understand how to do all the zip stuff that would have to be done.

All are 5 minutes or less and have a stop start edit and a few text on them. The vids are from my iphone when luck goes my way and I can get them to the pc.

Do the software work sometimes and sometimes not. I'm not sure if I am expecting something it don't do or not. Any help I would be grateful for.

Results should be consistent.

It's not difficult to upload a project.  As suggested earlier, just follow the Instructions here ...  http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

You do not have to zip the portable project files.  After uploading just be sure to share them ALL (make them public), including the VPJ file.

Upload a project that failed, and someone will check it out.

@ David: Try to change the video compression settings when exporting, e.g. use 10000kbps instead of "default quality". By doing so, "lossless export" will be turned off - and I guess there might be a problem with the lossless export (if exporting is quite fast, chances are, that VideoPad is using "lossless export").

I will give that a try. I made one this morning that worked. But have been here all day with the second vid. I made a couple earlier in the week that worked. But I'm needing a break for a while. Just not understanding. I am one of those guys who always do the same thing each time and that is what I did today. Thanks for trying guys.

David