Mix pad won't save and keeps freezing

Blando

Hi, wondering if anyone can help. Recently purchased mixpad to record my band and have been having issues from the start. The system keeps freezing. I can record my first track or even 2 at the same time fine and then save no problem. Then when I try put my next track down it will record but once I press stop and then try to save it just stays on the save countdown for ever. I then found if I force shut down the program and then restart i can recover my tracks and then save and continue with my project having to repeat this process each time. Which a right night mare. Other issues I have been having is the metronome won't always play along with recorded tracks forcing me to reboot mixpad each time until it works. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I need to get some songs on the internet for my band. Cheers

Hi Blando,

Sorry you're having troubles. I would encourage you to lodge this directly with our support team at https://www.nch.com.au/support/index.html. The issue sounds complex and better suited to technical support rather than community support.

Would you mind also giving me a few details about your setup? What kind of hardware (audio interface) are you using to record? What version number of MixPad do you have? 

Regards,

Ben

• 10 months later...
On 2/7/2019 at 2:28 PM, nchBen said:

Hi Blando,

I will email you directly.

Regards,

Ben

can you also email me directly i cant load my project i renamed it and everything is gone its saying its all there but nothing shows up when i click on it thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 1/7/2020 at 2:24 AM, Verble said:

can you also email me directly i cant load my project i renamed it and everything is gone its saying its all there but nothing shows up when i click on it thanks

I know that your project data folder needs to have the same name as the .mpdp for example if the project file is SongWhatever1.mpdp the associated folder has to be called SongWhatever1.mpdp.PorjectData for it to be able to access that info.

I am also experiencing the freeze / inability to save or reopen certain projects. I have had the software for 3 weeks and I have sent an email to NCh Software about this.