Stabilizer Issue

Miggy

Has anyone used the stabilizer function lately? I haven't used it in a while, but when I did it worked great.

Now I'm getting this error halfway through the process.

http://www.landowonder.com/error.png

I've tried numerous videos of various lengths - from 3 seconds to 12 minutes, .mp4s, avi, mpeg, used normal mode, ultra mode... same error halfway through.

Thanks borate and National for checking.

I should begin each of my posts with "My video driver is always updated" 😛

DirectX is version 12, which is what Windows 10 should be. I checked the link just in case, but it says there's no direct download for updating, it's handled with the automatic Windows 10 updates.

I'm going to temporarily break a NCH rule and install VP on my laptop and see what happens with that. If it works, I'll use it long enough to stabilize the 8 short videos I need and then uninstall it.

I'm going to say again, I really think there's something going on with VP + Ryzen 7 processors = unexplained headaches.

@Miggy

Hi Miggy, I remember I had a similar problem with the stabilizer some time ago. For me it helped to reset the deshaker options to default. The settings are saved to C:\Users\{YourName}\AppData\Roaming\NCH Software\VideoPad\deshaker.dat , you can also try to delete that file (better rename it so you have a backup).

If that doesn't work: Maybe it helps to change the encoding settings? I usually set them to H264 (Native)/Default Quality and MP3 (Native)/48000hz 160kbps, stereo-

6 hours ago, Dangerfreak said:

@Miggy

Hi Miggy, I remember I had a similar problem with the stabilizer some time ago. For me it helped to reset the deshaker options to default. The settings are saved to C:\Users\{YourName}\AppData\Roaming\NCH Software\VideoPad\deshaker.dat , you can also try to delete that file (better rename it so you have a backup).

If that doesn't work: Maybe it helps to change the encoding settings? I usually set them to H264 (Native)/Default Quality and MP3 (Native)/48000hz 160kbps, stereo-

Thanks, Dangerfreak.

I'll give that a try.