Unable to Export Sequence

belson1234

This is a huge problem. Whenever I export a video, it exports the full files that all of the clips in the sequence are from, rather than just the little bits I wanted (the actual clips, and their place in the sequence). The result is that I made a 3 minute long amv as a sequence, but it exports as 2 hours of footage because it's using the full files that all of the clips are from. I am very upset about this. I just wanted to make an amv! I have tried everything, PLEASE HELP if you can!

Edit: I don't know much about what version I have, but I know that it's the free download (not a pro version) and it's the most recent version as of December 30 2018. Also, if you know of any other video editing programs I could use for my purpose...that would be very helpful too.

Edit: I figured out that if I save it as a .wmv file, it exports correctly...I'm still so very very confused, but glad. If anyone else had this problem, or has any wisdom, do share...

Hi

This sounds like the same problem that Maverick898  is experiencing. :o 

http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/26701-exporting-issue/

Neither Borate or myself can reproduce the situation with the file Maverick898 uploaded as it exports normally with VP 3.62 . What VP version are you using, it's shown normally bottom left of the main screen and also what file types etc are involved?

Tested a sequence of several mpeg4 clips which were shortened with the IN/OUT markers from the clip bin prior to placing them on the timeline. wmv exported OK. mpeg4 (native) avi exported OK. MP4 H264 exported OK. etc. So it's a bit of a mystery. NCH may come in on this as I have filed a report.

Nat