The slur tool

I'm having difficulty using the slur tool. For example, I'm trying to slur 2 notes which are the same notes in two different chords side by side.  The 2  chords being 4 notes each.

Now the instructions are to click on the slur icon & then click on the first note you wish to have slurred & then click on the second note  to be slurred in the second chord & a slur ought to appear. A slur does appear but only on the top 2 notes of the 2 chords & not on the notes that I've chosen to slur.

I've not had this problem before so I thought the software maybe was at fault & so I downloaded a new Crescendo NHC ( It's a later version ) & still that problem persists.

What do I do now ?

The slur between chords will always be one single line, Crescendo starts and end the slur on the chord as a whole, not from or to individual notes.
If you try to slur individual notes from one chord to another, you're just placing a slur line over the one currently there, notice the line turns a bit bold.

NCH Software formally takes suggestions or feedback about their products through the form at http://www.nch.com.au/suggestions/