Can export slideshow to a thumb drive?

Janet B.

Hi! Made show of all the family photos, want to give as Christmas present tomorrow. Not all have cd drives anymore. I haven't tried yet (I haven't bought the program yet! No time!) but is a thumb drive one of the options, or only cd? And if cd, would I be able to copy the show from there to a thumb drive? (No techie, me!)

Thank you!

I bought the program and see my choices in exporting are onto to CD's (excluding the various cloud options), not thumb drives. But is it possible and not too complicated to copy from the CD you made to a thumb drive? Even for a big file like the slideshow presumably is, can you just open two Windows Explorers and drag and drop the file?

Or could it be that the program lets you select the CD option, but then at Browse, simply select the thumb drive instead of the CD in that menu? Or are the two downloads' programs too different?

Thank you, if anyone sees this.

Hi, Josh, thank you for your reply. Did you see my understanding of moving a file from a CD to a thumb drive is just a matter of dragging it, of Copy/Pasting it from the CD to the thumb drive? Is that right? Also, what do you mean, the file would just be a video file. Will the CD user be able to run it as a slideshow, with the music and effects I put in?  Do you mean that the user would not be able to further edit the program?

Thank you, Merry Christmas!

• 8 months later...
On 12/24/2018 at 11:19 AM, N_C_H_josh said:

You can export your slideshow to a portable drive. That's one of the options. You can also export it to a CD and move it to a thumb drive. It will just be a video file.

Hello. I am also trying to download my slideshow to a flash drive but i'm not having any luck. I bought a 32GB flash drive, what file type should I be saving it as?  MOV or MP4?