[Help] How you work with edited audio tracks from video sources

CaBrA

I´ll try to explain myself, I have a RAW video with the audio. Of course i want to edit the audio (now im using Audacity). What I do is separate or unlink audio from video and then edit with Audacity. Then I open the edited audio and try to put it in perfect sync in timeline. But.... the problem is this:

I dont know how to do if I want to split videos, in clip preview set start and end position and then putting it in timeline. The problem is the audio edited is no linked with video. What can I do? Actually what Im doing is put whole video and edited audio in timeline, eport as a new video and then import that new video with the edited audio and start cuting and pasting :-)

I think Im wrong.

Hi

Provided you have not split and removed sections of the audio you should be able to place it back onto the timelime under the video track and move it so it synchronizes again. However, even though it originally came from the video  VP sees it as a different sound clip and you will not be able to re-link it. You can however, group it with the video. This will, in effect "re-link" it. But If you make splits in the tracks  the grouping between the sections may be broken and you will have to regroup any bits that come apart.

In certain circumstances editing using IN/OUT markers on the grouped sound/video clips in the clip preview window can be problematical.

VP does have some sound editing options which can be applied to the audio track which does not require the track to be removed. What sort of editing to the sound are you doing?

Nat

16 hours ago, Nationalsolo said:

Hi

Provided you have not split and removed sections of the audio you should be able to place it back onto the timelime under the video track and move it so it synchronizes again. However, even though it originally came from the video  VP sees it as a different sound clip and you will not be able to re-link it. You can however, group it with the video. This will, in effect "re-link" it. But If you make splits in the tracks  the grouping between the sections may be broken and you will have to regroup any bits that come apart.

In certain circumstances editing using IN/OUT markers on the grouped sound/video clips in the clip preview window can be problematical.

VP does have some sound editing options which can be applied to the audio track which does not require the track to be removed. What sort of editing to the sound are you doing?

Nat

THanks for your answer, I do: 1) Normalize 2) Compressor 3) Equalization

Hi

These option are all available in the effects included in VP. There is no need to unlink the soundtrack. With your clip loaded just click the FX box located at the left end of the sound clip. This will open a list for you to choose from.

aa.jpg

The chosen effect can be varied in intensity along the length of the clip using keyframes if required.  If the timeline is subsequently split you may have to re-apply the effect to the sections produced.

Nat